Home

Keeping your Dynasty fresh

This is a discussion on Keeping your Dynasty fresh within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #65
Rookie

Razorback73's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Keeping your Dynasty fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloves 82
I like to create various players throughout the dynasty and keep track of their stats unless they go to my school. Some people I've created:

I've created 3 people with my same last name, acting like they're my sons, I've created 3 Asian kickers, I've created "sons" of former Missouri star players, and then there are a few players that I create on every game. It's more fun to give them background stories too.
I've done the same thing with a "son" in my dynasty. I was coach at Colorado and created a high 3* prospect at WR with my last name. I recruited him only to see him sign with Air Force. A few years after he graduated, I created him as an offensive coordinator at Air Force and then took the head coach job at Hawaii with him and left after a year for Boise State (which had fallen off to a less dominant MWC team by then--it was about 2035). "Retired" my original head coach after several NC's at Colorado and then played about 15 seasons with the 2nd generation coach. It was a good change of pace in dynasty after becoming a dominant head coach with my original coach.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2013, 03:49 PM   #66
Rookie

nascar163's Arena

OVR: 4

This year I've decided to really change it up when it comes to Dynasty Mode to keep it 'fresh'. Since I always do a YouTube series for it, and the fact those recruits we get make me bored, I decided to create two at once. Why? Here's why:

One dynasty will be a High School Dynasty, with about 20 Teambuilder Teams, 10 in each conference. I already have story-line players I want to focus on. For example, one school has a Star RB that is 250 Pounds and is a Tank. He's the star of that team along with his QB, coming off a Florida State Championship. Another team can have 4-5, while another can have none. Makes it interesting to see who dominates where with all the players competing for the Florida State Championship.

Those story-line players I'm recreating exactly the same in my Main Dynasty. Right now I'd say that number is about 10-20 recruits. Then my up and coming coach for the Idaho Vandals will try and bring in the players from his old school in Florida (The one from the State Championship Team). Then it will allow me to create a feel of having a Season within a Season for myself and the viewers.

Then finally, when the playoff time comes around for the High School Dynasty, I can just set up the top 4 teams from each conference in the Play Now section and create the feel of the playoffs (No Playoffs in NCAA 14 SUCKS). Then I just advance the year with all the new recruits I have to join the High Schools and start all over again.

Overall, it's a lot of work, but it creates a feel that you have a background with the coach that you've just started with, and looking back at what his old job is doing. If you guys have any High School teams as well so I don't have to kill myself making another 10, that would help.

You can try it if you want too, just pick 10-12 players, 1-2 from each team, make them in Teambuilder, remake them in Dynasty Mode for your up-and-coming coach, and use the Teambuilder teams in the High School one.

Hope this helps!

“Any time you try to win everything, you must be willing to lose everything.” – Larry Csonka, Pro Football Hall of Famer, Class of 1987.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:20 PM   #67
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickbeast
I would increase all of those #s by 2 for a freshmen Bo Jackson. That guy was unreal.
Already set it at what I said.

What I did was find the best freshman power back, start with those attributes (which totaled into 80 OVR), and increase them until he was 85 OVR. I also made sure that his SPD and ACC were more Bo-Like than the normal power back.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:58 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback73
I've done the same thing with a "son" in my dynasty. I was coach at Colorado and created a high 3* prospect at WR with my last name. I recruited him only to see him sign with Air Force. A few years after he graduated, I created him as an offensive coordinator at Air Force and then took the head coach job at Hawaii with him and left after a year for Boise State (which had fallen off to a less dominant MWC team by then--it was about 2035). "Retired" my original head coach after several NC's at Colorado and then played about 15 seasons with the 2nd generation coach. It was a good change of pace in dynasty after becoming a dominant head coach with my original coach.
Vader awaits
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s_s2.jpg (12.8 KB, 275 views)
Old 06-30-2013, 10:35 PM   #69
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

I enjoy posting reports and creating a storyline for my dynasty. Because it can get pretty easy for users to roll up great records year in and year out, I actually enjoy losing and having a down year. It just doesn't happen very often once you get comfortable with a game. My worst years are always the first year, not necessarily because I have less talent but because I'm learning the new game. I usually start a dynasty right out of the box and learn on the fly.

If I lose early and my championship hopes are gone, it may be time to have some fun with an individual player and rack up some stats.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:11 PM   #70
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDawg35
I enjoy posting reports and creating a storyline for my dynasty. Because it can get pretty easy for users to roll up great records year in and year out, I actually enjoy losing and having a down year. It just doesn't happen very often once you get comfortable with a game. My worst years are always the first year, not necessarily because I have less talent but because I'm learning the new game. I usually start a dynasty right out of the box and learn on the fly.

If I lose early and my championship hopes are gone, it may be time to have some fun with an individual player and rack up some stats.
I agree. I always enjoyed your dynasty reports B. Your Vandy dynasty was great!
Old 07-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #71
Rookie

thehoagster07's Arena

OVR: 0

Sorta like you guys have talked about with Bo Jackson, I like to make "junior" versions of past stars. I generally don't try to recruit these guys (unless the past star played at the school I'm using in a dynasty, then I go hard for them), and like to schedule the teams that get them just to try and stop them. I usually only create 2-3 per recruiting cycle, so guys at the bottom of the list might not make it into my games until 2017 or so.

Right now, I'm generally focusing on late 1980s/early 1990s stars who could theoretically have sons around playing age right now (and even if they do, I'm not creating any 2 star sons!). I also like to have a mix of guys that were college studs but didn't translate to the pro game due to various limitations (size, speed, etc.). I generally use all Heisman winners and throw in a couple of other names for fun.

On my list for this year:
Doug Flutie
Bo Jackson
Vinny Testaverde
Tim Brown
Barry Sanders
Andre Ware
Ty Detmer
Desmond Howard
Deion Sanders
Tommie Frazier

Any thoughts on some good defensive players to create as well?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2013, 11:58 AM   #72
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehoagster07
Sorta like you guys have talked about with Bo Jackson, I like to make "junior" versions of past stars. I generally don't try to recruit these guys (unless the past star played at the school I'm using in a dynasty, then I go hard for them), and like to schedule the teams that get them just to try and stop them. I usually only create 2-3 per recruiting cycle, so guys at the bottom of the list might not make it into my games until 2017 or so.

Right now, I'm generally focusing on late 1980s/early 1990s stars who could theoretically have sons around playing age right now (and even if they do, I'm not creating any 2 star sons!). I also like to have a mix of guys that were college studs but didn't translate to the pro game due to various limitations (size, speed, etc.). I generally use all Heisman winners and throw in a couple of other names for fun.

On my list for this year:
Doug Flutie
Bo Jackson
Vinny Testaverde
Tim Brown
Barry Sanders
Andre Ware
Ty Detmer
Desmond Howard
Deion Sanders
Tommie Frazier

Any thoughts on some good defensive players to create as well?
There is a real "Barry Sanders Jr." he is a RB for Stanford.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »