Home

Regarding NCAA Football Series/EA Sports

This is a discussion on Regarding NCAA Football Series/EA Sports within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Regarding NCAA Football Series/EA Sports

I think the only real issue with this game is probably the lack of cleats and equipment along with no FCS teams. Also more than 12 TB teams in dynasty. If those things are addressed NCAA 15 will be the best video game since the days of Pong and Space Invaders.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #34
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I can't complain. The NCAA series (NCAA 11 and 13 in particular) has blown away Madden this gen.

Not even close. And that is in regards to the fun factor and the amount of replayability I have gotten out of those titles. NCAA 11, I played in an online dynasty that was marvelous as well as went 5 years deep on my own offline dynasty. NCAA 12 I only made it two years into my dynasty as the game took a clear step back and M12 was and still is a fun game. NCAA 13 has been a total blast for me. I love it. Go ahead throw tomatos.....I think the game despite a few warts is a lot of fun to play.

Now after playing the NCAA 14 demo extensively....I am positive this version will be the signature one due to the tremendous strides of the CPU AI, greatly improved option game, greatly imrpoved running game and the refinement of the IE 2.0

The game will never be perfect. No sports game will ever be perfect.

My two favorite all time sports titles (NBA 2K11 and MLB The Show 13) are not perfect and have some warts.....that is the way it is with sports gaming. I have never....ever played a perfect sports game.

But this gen has clearly made the best sports games I have ever played. Only Madden to a certain degree has let me down (and even though it has M25 can change all that). And I think that has to do with how much Madden I played on Sega Genesis, Playstation 1 and 2. It was an obession (along with MVP Baseball 2005 and NBA Live 2005).

So when baseball (my true love) and basketball (now my second love leap frogging NFL and NCAA football) made 2 signature games this gen I was thrilled.

Football has been a struggle this gen. And it is widely known. But still...the games have not been bad.

I can't go back to NCAA on last gen. I found NCAA 11 and 13 much better overall. The only sports game I can go back to on last gen has been NFL football.

That should say something.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 06-25-2013, 03:01 PM   #35
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksarben21
I like this thread and agree with most of the comments here. From playing the demo (limited exposure to the game) I would say gameplay and play book selection is the best they have been on the current consoles. What drives me crazy is that we have a modern college football game with 80's, 90's, and 2000's era equipment...lack of stadium expansions which are in the current stadiums along with missing led ribbon boards or video boards...the ability to ignore any updates for the most part to Team Builder...its the apparent lack of motivation by the ncaa team to address issues that persist year in and year out. They neglect these issues yet add features like heisman challenge (glorified RTG) while having to compensate for heisman winners not covered by the NFLPA, the Ultimate Team feature which along with Heisman challenge is riddled with micro transactions to pad the pockets of EA along with uniform store and other DLC. Then they add play a season! They need to address issues that are unresolved for YEARS now to add to the authenticity of the game, it shows how ignorant the NCAA team is ran from the top down. Ive heard that the NCAA team is small for EA but they need to address issues before implementing "new" features. Sorry so long but these things have been bothering me for some time now.
Well said.

I think the best way to sum it up for me is that if I went into a time machine to where I was playing '06 and was told that I just might be pining for the game I'm playing as compared to '13 and was given a list of stuff that still either wouldn't be in the game or would have digressed I would have said back then that that's a crazy notion. Well, here we are.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »