Home

Speed Burst

This is a discussion on Speed Burst within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Speed Burst

There is a subtle animation when AB is active. The ballcarrier tilts forward slightly. When you see this animation, you know that the right trigger is having an effect (and draining stamina). If you don't see this, then you know that the ballcarrier has either reached top speed or is out of stamina.

AB appears to have no effect on defense. If you have strafe set to auto, the right trigger will deactivate strafing.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #50
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwart
There is a subtle animation when AB is active. The ballcarrier tilts forward slightly. When you see this animation, you know that the right trigger is having an effect (and draining stamina). If you don't see this, then you know that the ballcarrier has either reached top speed or is out of stamina.

AB appears to have no effect on defense. If you have strafe set to auto, the right trigger will deactivate strafing.
Yeah, that is how it's always been in defense. That why I always post in the threads regarding auto-strafe every year that I don't see the point in turning it off when you can manually strafe or break out of strafe anytime you want regardless of the setting being off or on.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 8

OK, now that the retail version is out, has anyone investigated this more?

Also, I seem to remember reading a preview that talked about taking the auto-burst out but leaving it in as an option to be turned back on. Maybe that was Madden but it seems strange that they'd make the same change to both games and only leave an "undo" option in one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #52
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Playing the early release version, I only found it help full in short tiny bursts. To get an advantage around a corner/defender. Or off the block. also right after you make a catch, if you have turn up filed or make a cut. It is just at small quick little burst. It is not going do anything for you if you hold it down. You will just make the guy tired.

It also helps if you are running into a guy, to keep your legs moving, gain an extra yard or two. I've moved piles a few yards holding it in that situation. But holding it while running in the open will slow you down.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:43 PM   #53
Rookie

ReD304's Arena

OVR: 2

There's a Bar that shows your stamina to use but I agree its a very minimal burst lol
Old 07-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwart

Caught this too. The animation is definitely different when you trigger the burst while a ballcarrier isn't yet at top speed. Once he gets there he stays upright (and maintains speed) regardless of whether you hold the trigger.

You can even tap it several times at the start of the run and see him tilt, go back to normal, tilt again etc. until he's full speed, where he'll stay upright.

Last edited by bcruise; 07-09-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #55
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

I'm not sure if guys are still confused about what "speed burst" is/does or how it works ... but it's been answered in this very thread just a few pages back: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2045160331
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
I'm not sure if guys are still confused about what "speed burst" is/does or how it works ... but it's been answered in this very thread just a few pages back: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2045160331
Yeah, your explanation was perfect and really helped me understand what it was. I didn't catch on that it was an acceleration boost in the demo, but it became pretty clear once I could take the Early Release version into practice mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »