Home

The WSU prestige conundrum

This is a discussion on The WSU prestige conundrum within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 05:17 PM   #17
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW
Re: The WSU prestige conundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulletor
they're a 2 star program. but then again, EA made ND 6*, the same ND that has won a 2 bowl games since 1995, (and lets be honest, Sun Bowl and Hawaiian bowls are nice, but nothing special) and just got embarrassed in a national championship game
Not sure what it would take for ND to not have the prestige of a 6* team.

As for WSU, I has hoping that they would be moved up to a 2* status with Leach in his second year and being in the Pac12. Yeah, they're the doormat right now, but I would think they deserve some respect.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #18
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

They absolutely should NOT be a 1 star program. They are a more prestigious football program than New Mexico State.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:39 PM   #19
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

They should make a larger prestige scale, like 1-10 stars instead of 1-6
Old 06-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
The problem is that is that EA is very inconsistent with how they apply the year 1 prestige. This link outlines how you go up or down - but not how they decided where everyone started. If you were to take this logic and apply it to every team out there you'd see a ton of huge inconsistencies (i.e. Texas). Here is my take on it:

When setting prestige out of the box - they seem to put more value in traditional powers and those teams that recruit very well and a bit less emphasis on prior year's success. This is how Texas is still so high (and they are still pulling in highly ranked recruiting classes) even though using the linked info they wouldn't be nearly as high as they are.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:50 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

they are a 1* program

teams like south alabama, tulane, eastern michigan etc... should have no stars
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #22
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3

I'd say they should be a 1 star due to their lack of results lately (2003 was a long time ago in college terms)

...but then I remembered Notre Dame was still a 6* after being extremely mediocre at best for 7-8 years just before and during the Weiss years. So yea, I'd give them a 2 star based on EA ratings (ie VT a 91 offense this year -- lol!).

Last edited by aerovt; 06-24-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:23 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Prestige also would include media coverage yes? The same media that ignores the Pac-12 at large, especially schools not named USC or Oregon. I live in Washington State and am a big time sports fan, the Cougars are an after thought in their own state and get very little coverage or recognition. I think 1* is a very realistic (not understandable perhaps, but realistic) take on things.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #24
LOB

Coug00's Arena

OVR: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hixalot
Prestige also would include media coverage yes? The same media that ignores the Pac-12 at large, especially schools not named USC or Oregon. I live in Washington State and am a big time sports fan, the Cougars are an after thought in their own state and get very little coverage or recognition. I think 1* is a very realistic (not understandable perhaps, but realistic) take on things.
What area do you live in? Outside of King County, I see no coverage difference between UW and WSU.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »