Home

NCAA Football 14 Offers Many More Options When Editing Coaches

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Offers Many More Options When Editing Coaches within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #49
Rookie

KickassJohnson's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 14 Offers Many More Options When Editing Coaches

I don't understand the big deal about editing the stats other than the realism aspect.. do they affect the coaching carousel or something? or is everyone just excited to see correct stats on their screen?

personally, I'd rather see correct equipment
Old 06-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #50
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashby
this year ncaa football 14 can u hire and fire you offense and defence coach staff
Nope

(10nos)
Old 06-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporticus200
I'm about to go off.

THE REVO SPEED 2 is NOT a game changer!

Realistic stats and ends for the COACHES WHO CHANGE THE GAME is a priority!

I don't care if my star QB is wearing a KICKER'S HELMET FOR GOD'S SAKE, AS LONG as he can be realistically coached by the likes of Brady Hoke, Brian Kelly, and Lane Kiffin!
Hmmm how coaches perform has NOTHING to do with how they look or players look on the field. The art department focuses on the look only (helmets, the field, coach clothing, etc). So, we're talking about two different things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #52
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickassJohnson
I don't understand the big deal about editing the stats other than the realism aspect.. do they affect the coaching carousel or something? or is everyone just excited to see correct stats on their screen?

It will effect the coaching carousel because you're able to edit the length of each coach's contract and what year they're in on that contract. Therefore you're going to have certain positions available much earlier and other positions not available as early. Couple that with the realism you get with the statistic addition and this becomes a very exciting feature.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #53
Rookie

w00dy Hayezz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickassJohnson

To each his own and this is a fair point. The problem is with the guys that go into EVERY thread to complain about it over and over. We all know those facemasks are not in the game at this point. Every bit of good news about anything else brings in "that guy" to let everyone know yet again how mad they are about the facemesks. it gets REALLY old.

PSN Username: Smoothzilla
Old 06-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #54
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
Will the coaches actually use the playbooks you assign to them? Because if I recall, they didn't last year, and always reverted to the default come game time. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but I seem to remember that happening.
This definitely happened in 12....didn't buy 13 so don't know about that game

Some clarification to your question would be nice

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 06-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #55
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
I wonder why this wasn't in the Dynasty Playbook? This is pretty big news to not be mentioned.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2013, 04:34 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I think it's funny that SOMEHOW half of this thread has turned into an argument about equipment not being in the game. The title must have been edited by a mod because when I first read it, I wasn't aware that it read:

NCAA Football 14 Offers Many More Options When Editing Coaches *Complain about equipment here*

Anyway, those of us that don't use the editor program can finally have realistically aged coaches with actual records. No more will Bill Snyder be 0-0 when I start a dynasty! Hooray!
For the slow and impaired....

This article list "equipment changes" you can make on the coaches. If no one cared, EA wouldnt have gone through the trouble of making this feature accessable to edit for fans. So yes, part of this thread is about equipment. This is where reading comprehension bodes wonders.

With that said, many of us fans are upset that you now have more editing options for the coaches, yet theyve clearly missed upgrading the equipment of the football players on the field for three years. Just because YOU dont care about how your players look, doesnt mean everyone doesnt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »