Home

NCAA13 & NCAA14 False Start Clock Question

This is a discussion on NCAA13 & NCAA14 False Start Clock Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2013, 07:00 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
NCAA13 & NCAA14 False Start Clock Question

I have seen this play in both NCAA13 and in the NCAA14 Demo and I am curious about the way in which the play is handled in the game as compared to real NCAA football.

When a False Start penalty is called on the CPU team, the game clock stops until the ball is snapped on the next play. In both NCAA13 and NCAA14 Demo, I have seen a False Start called against the CPU team during the closing seconds of a close game in which the CPU team is driving toward a possible tying or winning score. The play results in an effective extra time out because the clock stops until the next snap.

So my question is: Is this a correct application when compared to real NCAA football? My recollection is that, in real football, the offense cannot use a False Start to stop the game clock, except for the time it takes to assess the penalty. After marking off the penalty, the game clock is immediately started again and does not wait for the snap.

Comments please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2013, 07:35 AM   #2
Rookie

War34Eagle's Arena

OVR: 3
Within the last two minutes (I think, maybe it's last minute) dead ball offensive penalties result in a 10 second runoff if the defense wants it. I'm not sure of all the logistics if how and when they apply it, but I know in your case that would def. be a 10 second runoff
Old 06-26-2013, 08:17 AM   #3
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NCAA13 & NCAA14 False Start Clock Question

I can't remember if this was in Madden or NCAA...maybe both? But I have seen cases where I was trying to kill the clock when a CPU defensive player was injured, but the play clock did not resume once he was off the field. Very annoying. So it wouldn't surprise me to find out that the clock is not handled correctly with penalties.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by War34Eagle
Within the last two minutes (I think, maybe it's last minute) dead ball offensive penalties result in a 10 second runoff if the defense wants it. I'm not sure of all the logistics if how and when they apply it, but I know in your case that would def. be a 10 second runoff
Thanks for your insight. It is an interesting item in the game, especially since I have never had a False Start penalty called upon my User team. There is certainly no 10-second runoff option in the game. In general, penalty logic doesn't seem to be as well developed as other aspects of the game.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #5
Rookie

War34Eagle's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art01
Thanks for your insight. It is an interesting item in the game, especially since I have never had a False Start penalty called upon my User team. There is certainly no 10-second runoff option in the game. In general, penalty logic doesn't seem to be as well developed as other aspects of the game.
Definitely. I'd like to see this be one of the "big" things they use as a selling point next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2013, 10:13 AM   #6
Rookie

ClemTiger's Arena

OVR: 2

It does the same thing for CPU offsides penalties. It's annoying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »