Home

NCAA 14 Dynasty Video

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 Dynasty Video within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA 14 Dynasty Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
EA did a recruiting blog that goes into the details. http://www.easports.com/ncaa-footbal...wer-recruiting
Thanks

Old 06-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #50
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Mosh
OK I guess the videos I've been seeing just aren't showing it.
Definitely check out the blog posted by berad, as it will fill you in on the finer points. The funny thing is, even though the pitches award points automatically now rather than being based on what you choose to pitch, it is arguable they are more important than ever. First, some kids will have dealbreakers, and they won't even let you recruit them if you are at C+ or below in that pitch. So if a kid has proximity to home as a dealbreaker, and he lives in Florida, schools in California can forget it (although there is a coach skill that lets you overcome a certain number of dealbreakers per season I believe). Also, the pitches are still dynamic and you can get up to 410 bonus points per week, on top of the points you assign, the better your pitch grades line up with his interests and if he is in a pipeline. So who you are as a school still matters big time, and this will play into what kids you decide to recruit.

Edit: I take it back on the dealbreaker coach skill. I was thinking of the Locksmith skill, which lets you "unlock" kids who have locked you out of their final school choices under certain circumstances. The only way to overcome a dealbreaker it seems is to increase the grade of the dealbreaker pitch, if you can. Of course by then it might be too late to catch up.

Last edited by Strategizer; 06-30-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:33 PM   #51
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategizer
Quarters 3 and 4 are up too. Unfortunately, the 4th Quarter video shows Mizzou (CPU), near midfield and with 3 timeouts, run out the clock out with about 40 seconds left instead of trying to break the tie with at least a field goal. Mad Scientist eventually called a timeout for them. Frustrating to see that.
I saw that as well at first, however; the CPU ended up kicking a FG and made it from that spot. It looks like the CPU knew they were in range so they just wanted to run the clock down and kick it through. It's odd for them not to try and get closer, but the fact that they made a FG makes it seem less offensive or less like a bug. It's definitely something to monitor though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2013, 04:51 PM   #52
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
I saw that as well at first, however; the CPU ended up kicking a FG and made it from that spot. It looks like the CPU knew they were in range so they just wanted to run the clock down and kick it through. It's odd for them not to try and get closer, but the fact that they made a FG makes it seem less offensive or less like a bug. It's definitely something to monitor though.
Nope, watch it again. Mizzou has the ball at midfield with about 40 seconds left and all timeouts. They let about 25 seconds tick before MS called a timeout for them (listen closely and you can hear Mad Scientist or someone say "Why are they wasting time?" or something to that effect after he calls the timeout). After that, the CPU completes the pass and then they call a timeout and kick the FG. There was no good reason to run the clock like that from about 20 yards outside of FG range.

Correction: they call one more play, a pass that is almost picked off in an inexplicable decision to throw downfield, then the FG.

Last edited by Strategizer; 06-30-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:56 PM   #53
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Nope, watch it again. Mizzou has the ball at midfield with about 40 seconds left and all timeouts. They let about 25 seconds tick before MS called a timeout for them (listen closely and you can hear Mad Scientist or someone say "Why are they wasting time?" or something to that effect after he calls the timeout). After that, the CPU completes the pass and then they call a timeout and kick the FG. There was no good reason to run the clock like that from about 20 yards outside of FG range.

Correction: they call one more play, a pass that is almost picked off in an inexplicable decision to throw downfield, then the FG.
Correction. If you look again, it appears as if Missouri is a human controlled team. With the pass over the middle, the words USER CATCH come up on the bottom of the screen. Just caught this.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:01 PM   #54
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
Correction. If you look again, it appears as if Missouri is a human controlled team. With the pass over the middle, the words USER CATCH come up on the bottom of the screen. Just caught this.
I can't account for that, but they clearly aren't user controlled. There is no user cursor for Mizzou, no playcall selection screen, and MS's play art is automatically shown before plays.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:03 PM   #55
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
I can't account for that, but they clearly aren't user controlled. There is no user cursor for Mizzou, no playcall selection screen, and MS's play art is automatically shown before plays.
There is a white cursor under the center before the snap. I don't see a reason why it would say User Catch on the screen if in fact this wasn't a Human controlled player.

It is quite strange. Missouri may not be human controlled but if they aren't, then the User Catch notification is a glitch.

Last edited by BallinVol; 06-30-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2013, 05:12 PM   #56
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
There is a white cursor under the center before the snap. I don't see a reason why it would say User Catch on the screen if in fact this wasn't a Human controlled player.
That white cursor just indicates who has the ball, and it applies to the CPU. Check out the other vids if you don't believe me. Also, the clip where he starts the game shows that there is no second player chosen as Mizzou at the controller select screen. I'm guessing its a glitch or mistake of some kind. You're giving too much importance to that one thing when every other aspect indicates they are CPU controlled.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »