Home

What Was So Great About NCAA 11?

This is a discussion on What Was So Great About NCAA 11? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #9
Rookie

MNHuskerman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What Was So Great About NCAA 11?

IMO, NCAA 11 had the best overall look (graphics) of any of the games this gen. The grass/field turf looked pretty darn good. The player models looked very good. Colors were bright. As a previous poster said, with updated rosters and adjusted ratings, the game played pretty darn good. The jerseys got dirty and even the field got worn out during games (middle of the field where most of the action is). You could actually play defense, and if you checked yourself and stayed away from "money" plays, you could play a "sim" style offense and get reasonable results. The general feel of your players, weight, seemed to exist. And the gang tackling and animations are solid. The overall feel of the game was much better than 10, and waaaaay better than 12 and 13 which IMO are NCAA Football abominations. EA should be embarrased to have put out those flawed products.

Now I agree with you, the option game is bad no doubt. I never really played with option teams on the game, but playing it recently with a few option teams (Oregon and G-Tech) and I immediately noticed how terrible it was. Blocking was bad, and every pitch you were praying to the football gods that it actually made it to the RB. Line play in general is not good.

I know there are other areas where the game falls short, but in comparison to 10, 12 and 13, NCAA 11 was a much better total package than any of those IMO. And because of that, a lot of members in this community say NCAA 11 was the best on this gen. NCAA 14 has a good shot of knocking it off, and I can't wait to buy it and play it myself to see if EA has finally put out a good product after being so disappointed with 12 and 13 to not even waste my money.

Last edited by MNHuskerman; 06-28-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #10
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Considering it was the last NCAA game I bought, it wasn't really that great in my opinion. The new locomotion system was better than what they'd had in the past; however, since they had promised "authentic player movement," I was pretty disappointed in what we got.

But like other have said, NCAA 11 is great when compared to NCAA 10, but that has more to do with how bad NCAA 10 was and not how good NCAA 11 is.

It's average, and mostly playable if you really need a football fix. That's about as much praise as I can really give it.

Last edited by Pokes404; 06-28-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:14 PM   #11
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
It had Tebow on the cover that's why

But it was probably my most played Ncaa game on current gen but I don't really know why. Maybe it was the huge leap from 10.

14 looks to be another huge leap though and I just can't wait till Friday!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 1

No offense, but honestly if you are struggling with the option, you just are very bad at it.

That was one of the broken features in NCAA 11. It was so easy to run the option. I had my rb run for 4,000 yards and the qb run for 2,000 in the same season.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:57 PM   #13
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Main reason is the leap it took from 10 to 11. It was really the 1st and so far only (for me) enjoyable NCAA game on this generation of systems.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

I agree with everyone that 11 is better than 10. Not sure why people think it is better than 12 and 13.

One big improvement that came with 13 was the ability to disguise your defense. Play action passes work better in 13. So do option runs.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #15
Rookie

westview33's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNHuskerman
IMO, NCAA 11 had the best overall look (graphics) of any of the games this gen. The grass/field turf looked pretty darn good. The player models looked very good. Colors were bright. As a previous poster said, with updated rosters and adjusted ratings, the game played pretty darn good. The jerseys got dirty and even the field got worn out during games (middle of the field where most of the action is). You could actually play defense, and if you checked yourself and stayed away from "money" plays, you could play a "sim" style offense and get reasonable results. The general feel of your players, weight, seemed to exist. And the gang tackling and animations are solid. The overall feel of the game was much better than 10, and waaaaay better than 12 and 13 which IMO are NCAA Football abominations. EA should be embarrased to have put out those flawed products.
You hit the nail on the head here.

I started playing 11 last year with edited classic rosters from here at OS.

The difference between edited rosters and default rosters in 11 is like night and day for actual gameplay on the field.

The colors also looked great in 11 and the player models were even better.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-11-a-229.html
Westview Basketball #33
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #16
Dez
Rookie

Dez's Arena

OVR: 7

NCAA 11 is the new NCAA 2004....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »