Home

What Was So Great About NCAA 11?

This is a discussion on What Was So Great About NCAA 11? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2013, 05:29 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What Was So Great About NCAA 11?

The graphics and the player build. The game didn't look cartoonish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #26
Rookie

westview33's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
I enjoy gaming, but I'm not about to spend a week going through and editing that many attributes just to get something to work the way it should have in the first place. And then when you play a dynasty, those new players are going to have to be edited too.

And that still won't fix the bad player movement, unrealistic pass speeds/trajectories, static OL/DL interactions, and "bowling pin" defenders. All of which are my biggest sources of frustration with NCAA 11 (and all the NCAA games for that matter).
I understand your reasoning of not wanting to do it on your own.

But couldn't you just simply download edited rosters from some of the roster editors on here?

That way IMO you have a chance to enjoy the game at it's best instead of just waiting or depending on EA's out of the box rosters.

I say this because there's no way I could have edited players myself. So instead I grabbed PM's Alumni Rosters at the time they were in roster share and to me the game plays some really good football.

Now don't get me wrong It still has some warps even with the edited rosters I've been using but it is by far better than having to use the out of box default rosters.

These are the things that I see on the field with edited rosters in NCAA 11 by simply taking 5 seconds to download that roster file.

RB's juking, spinning and leaping over defenders that are on the ground.

Different variations of off targets throws by QB's.

WR's making one handed grabs, leaping catches and diving catches.

Players taking false steps on the field when they read a play wrong on defense.

Gang tackling looks really good and I see more smaller defenders using a animation that has them trying to trip up a bigger ball carrier or push him out of bounds.

Downfield blocking by OL, WR's and TE's (this is something EA seems to have just now got around to fixing in NCAA 14) but was possible to fix way back in NCAA 11.

LB's with reduced vertical jumping makes the passing game much smoother when your playing.

Defenders who actually react smarter in zone coverage. But if you check replays you'll also see lower rated defenders blowing some coverages and get beat deep.

FG's that are missed wide right, wide left, and short. Having said that I've never seen a block FG which is probably more of gaming program error than anything else.
Westview Basketball #33

Last edited by westview33; 06-28-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:29 PM   #27
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by westview33
I understand your reasoning of not wanting to do it on your own.

But couldn't you just simply download edited rosters from some of the roster editors on here?

That way IMO you have a chance to enjoy the game at it's best instead of just waiting or depending on EA's out of the box rosters.

I say this because there's no way I could have edited players myself. So instead I grabbed PM's Alumni Rosters at the time they were in roster share and to me the game plays some really good football.

Now don't get me wrong It still has some warps even with the edited rosters I've been using but it is by far better than having to use the out of box default rosters.

These are the things that I see on the field with edited rosters in NCAA 11 by simply taking 5 seconds to download that roster file.

RB's juking, spinning and leaping over defenders that are on the ground.

Different variations of off targets throws by QB's.

WR's making one handed grabs, leaping catches and diving catches.

Players taking false steps on the field when they read a play wrong on defense.

Gang tackling looks really good and I see more smaller defenders using a animation that has them trying to trip up a bigger ball carrier or push him out of bounds.

Downfield blocking by OL, WR's and TE's (this is something EA seems to have just now got around to fixing in NCAA 14) but was possible to fix way back in NCAA 11.

LB's with reduced vertical jumping makes the passing game much smoother when your playing.

Defenders who actually react smarter in zone coverage. But if you check replays you'll also see lower rated defenders blowing some coverages and get beat deep.

FG's that are missed wide right, wide left, and short. Having said that I've never seen a block FG which is probably more of gaming program error than anything else.

PS3 players are out in the cold with PMs alumni rosters.

I would have loved those.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 06-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #28
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
PS3 players are out in the cold with PMs alumni rosters.

I would have loved those.

Alumni rosters were AWESOME. I still play with them every week. Every game I play I still see a new animation play out that makes me go holy crap.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I hope the attention and length of this thread has answered your question, OP.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:04 PM   #30
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

It was just a fun game. Especially after the debacles of 08, 09, 10 versions. Game was like night & day.

And 12 going backwards and not being as good as it should've been also helped the reputation of '11 being so great.

I hope 14 is better
Old 06-29-2013, 04:54 AM   #31
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I hope the attention and length of this thread has answered your question, OP.
It has indeed, and thanks for the replies everyone. Just wanted to get you guys opinion on the game.

I guess I can chalk it up to the nostalgia factor because it was the first decent game on this gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #32
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson

Alumni rosters were AWESOME. I still play with them every week. Every game I play I still see a new animation play out that makes me go holy crap.
Can someone upload an offline link to that file?
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »