Home

What Was So Great About NCAA 11?

This is a discussion on What Was So Great About NCAA 11? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2013, 09:36 AM   #1
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
What Was So Great About NCAA 11?

So, waiting for NCAA 14 to drop in about a week, I decided to pick up a copy of NCAA 11 for about 4 bucks after reading about all the rave reviews on this forum. Hell, even the review gave it a 9.

So what i'm asking is, what's so great about this game? It's tremendously flawed in many areas, even with a good slider set. The PA pass is useless, because as soon as you fake the handoff to the RB, a defender is in your face, every single time. Looking at replays I notice that whenever there is a PA pass, defenders EASILY just use a swim move to get around the guard, usually one of the DTs.

Now, let's talk about the option. Option teams are absolutely USELESS in this game. As soon as the ball is hiked, you don't even have time to read the defense because no matter what you do, you're getting tackled for a loss. Your blockers are nowhere to be found, and if you decide to pitch it, it's usually a fumble or an INT.

And don't even get me started on the special teams return blocking.. Ugh

I'm not sure why people on OS rave about this game so much, it's terrible.

Last edited by Gosens6; 06-28-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: What Was So Great About NCAA 11?

The only thing I loved about it was the the range of effectiveness of tweaking player ratings was much wider than it is now, which is very confusing. For some reason things changed for the worse in 12 and 13. You would be surprised how tweaking the ratings helped with a lot of the issues you have listed, although it didn't fix everything. I also remember the game colors looking 'washed out' in 12 and 13 compared to 11.

Not being able to tweak ratings in dynasty ultimately forced me trade the game in before Christmas.

Last edited by Sundown2600; 06-28-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:55 AM   #3
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

**crickets**

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #4
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
Go back and play NCAA 10 and you will understand. It took a monstrous leap forward. Plus there were hardly any glitches.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:14 AM   #5
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

NCAA Football 11 was by far the best title in this series, in my opinion. One of my favorite games ever, just behind MLB The Show.

What was so great about it? Hard to answer, other than it played a fun game and looked fantastic. Not boring. Variety of game-playing experiences. Never felt cheated (meaning, when I lost I deserved to lose, when I won, I felt like I deserved to win).

You can nit-pick it. Of course every game has flaws. I will say this one had fewer than the rest and was by far the most fun to play.

Not sure yet if I'm going to get NCAA 14, will wait for reviews and feedback. I made the mistake of getting 12 and 13 and traded both in fairly quickly.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2013, 11:21 AM   #6
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I attribute it to the massive leap it took from NCAA 10 (which was short lived in my console...dreck).

OD was a huge upgrade. The player models and feel of the game was a Next Gen leap.

I feel thus far 13 was the best. But that will all change IMO with NCAA 14. Love the demo after playing it a ton. At first I was...ok same game with some tune ups.....but as I dug deeper and really played with all the teams available...I am convinced it will be one of the best NCAA titles ever in the series.

NCAA 11 is a great game.....for the time it came out. Around here people get really stuck in the past more often than not. Now some titles from the past are better IMO (NBA 2K11 for example). But everyone is different.

11 is flawed but it does play a fun game of football. Dynasty was really flawed and why I could not keep playing it. The improvements made (especially last year with scouting) have made the NCAA Dynasty mode one of the very best offline franchise experiences IMO. I rank it 3rd behind The Show and 2K11 (and I must throw in CH2K8 as that game is intensely deep).
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 06-28-2013, 11:25 AM   #7
Pro

radiohead's Arena

OVR: 8

It wasn't great. To date, it was the only decent NCAA on the current gen of consoles, which isn't saying a whole lot.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #8
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

NCAA 11 was actually a huge step from the previous NCAA games on current gen...I mean a HUGE step forward
MLB: Atlanta Braves

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »