Home

MAN COVERAGE

This is a discussion on MAN COVERAGE within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2013, 09:23 PM   #17
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: MAN COVERAGE

Obviously, the skill of the receivers versus the men covering them matters a lot ... however, when it comes down to all things being equal or even favored towards the defender, zone coverage should get shredded more than man coverage.

If I know a pass is coming, I want to be in man coverage a vast majority of the time. If I know a run is coming, I NEVER want to be in man coverage.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:24 PM   #18
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

OVR: 0

In real life man-coverage isn't infallible even with the best of corners. The WR and QB has every advantage on the Defensive-Back imaginable. As a matter of fact, at the college level a Quarterback and Receiver should be about 95 % completion rate if you exclude the pass rush. A defensive-back's best friend is always the pass rush, and if it's not there, it doesn't matter how talented you are - you WILL get beat MOST of the time. I think some of you think that playing Cornerback is all about mirroring the receiver in front of you which isn't true at all.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:44 PM   #19
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBreaker35
In real life man-coverage isn't infallible even with the best of corners. The WR and QB has every advantage on the Defensive-Back imaginable. As a matter of fact, at the college level a Quarterback and Receiver should be about 95 % completion rate if you exclude the pass rush. A defensive-back's best friend is always the pass rush, and if it's not there, it doesn't matter how talented you are - you WILL get beat MOST of the time. I think some of you think that playing Cornerback is all about mirroring the receiver in front of you which isn't true at all.
That and in real life Qb's don't have a birds eye view of the field...
Old 06-29-2013, 11:27 PM   #20
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
Well against the CPU man to man is pretty much you're only choice on Heisman as they just shred zone.

Against another Human zone can be effective but man to man always seems to be the safest in most cases...
At least as far as the demo goes, you are absolutely correct.

It's funny, NCAA 11 had zero zone defense effectiveness, against a user or CPU it was basically giving up a first down 90 percent of the time.

Zone D was a big "feature" touted for NCAA 12 and I felt it delivered, that game, out of the box and pre-patch, had some pretty stellar zone D, cover 3 in the 3-3-5 sets was unreal. I feel like a lot of "Joe Casual" gamers didn't like throwing 5 picks a game and refused to adjust, instead opting to complain to EA non-stop, and it seems like it has taken a step back since 12. Still better than 11 though. I run a lot of zone, love it because I play as the SS and it is just more exciting for me than coming out in Cover 2 man every play. Hopefully zone and man are more balanced this year.

I feel man, in the demo, is as good as it has been for a long time.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:09 PM   #21
Rookie

prototype561's Arena

OVR: 4

I play on Heisman, and my most effective coverage has been zone blitzing with one of the nickel or dime corners.

When I play man, there is always one or two wr's who get an insane amount of separation from the corners especially on out and corner routes.

Even the most average corners won't get beat 10+ yds. unless they there is double route like a post corner. When corners normally get beat that bad they usually stumble or lose track of the wr(peaking in the backfield).
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »