Home

Speed?

This is a discussion on Speed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #9
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Speed?

50 and I never been caught from behind with Thomas.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #10
Rookie

JoedicyMichael's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype561
Ok, I'm going to try 0, I just want game breakers to be that. It shouldn't take elite speed to break a long one for a TD.
Yeah man, 0 is a good fit.

I play on 10 most of the time tho.. It will be interesting for this year because the jukes and animations make you lose a step (in terms of a player chasing you or you trying to create space between a trailing defender)..
Old 06-29-2013, 01:35 PM   #11
Rookie

dawgpound 26's Arena

OVR: 1

I started with 20 and was getting caught from behind when I shouldn't have been. I started testing it out and it seems that anything from around 8 to 12 works pretty well. I don't like setting it to zero because my OD then just turns into who has the fastest players.

I noticed when I had it set to 0 that I was burning people with D'Anthony Thomas pretty much whenever I wanted, regardless of his fatigue level. It may be more sim to have it at 0 with everyone at full stamina, but when you have guys at around half stamina still roasting the defense at a 0 setting it is not as realistic.

NCAA 14 OD: UTAH STATE AGGIES
NCAA 13 OD: ARIZONA STATE SUN DEVILS, SOUTH CAROLINA GAMECOCKS
NCAA 12 OD: ILLINOIS FIGHTING ILLINI, FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES, FLORIDA GATORS
XBL GT: Chalupa Battman
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 19

The major problem is that the AI and Animations are separate and on opposite sides of the plank (per say) and the basic editing functions the game gives only allow us to tilt (per say) one to be higher and the other lower.
Second, is that there is no way to balance (50/50) these two with the current in-game editing setup.

It's basically like this...

Fresh = 100% of animation affects with 25% AI programming.
Varsity = 75% of animation affects with 50% AI programming.
AA = 50% of animation affects with 75% AI programming.
Heisman = 25% of animation affects with 100% AI programming.
(can't have 0% cause that mean off/not used and the game simply wouldn't function)

On Fresh, you will see the many of the Animation affects (ie difference in Speed/Acceleration of players), but a very dumb AI application.

On Heisman, you will get a better AI application, but minimized Animation affects (ie DAT getting caught on a break away)

No worries though!!!
We now know through Xan's Editor that there are some hidden Animation and AI fields that need to be turned on and/or adjusted.

Through this we are able to adjust the Animation and AI aspects individually and experience better AI gameplay as well as greater animation triggering.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #13
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

I don't know how you guys can play with the speed threshold lowered. Makes the game incredibly easy.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:44 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

I only play on 0 threshold as it seems to give the most realism in terms of fast players not getting beasted by much slower ones, though I can see how some would prefer higher due to difficulty. It becomes like realism vs difficulty

Last edited by TomSNC; 06-29-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:46 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
I don't know how you guys can play with the speed threshold lowered. Makes the game incredibly easy.
most of us play with adjusted sliders that make the game more challenging.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #16
Rookie

dawgpound 26's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
I usually counter the low speed threshold with increased cpu coverage, tacklling, pass rush, etc. so that it balances out. That makes the cpu tougher and at the same time you can get a few plays where the straight line speed of a fast guy will get you a TD on a breakaway.

If you don't adjust the speed threshold then you basically don't even need to look at speed as a attribute when recruiting players.

NCAA 14 OD: UTAH STATE AGGIES
NCAA 13 OD: ARIZONA STATE SUN DEVILS, SOUTH CAROLINA GAMECOCKS
NCAA 12 OD: ILLINOIS FIGHTING ILLINI, FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES, FLORIDA GATORS
XBL GT: Chalupa Battman

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »