Home

Using Different Camera Angles Depending On How Big The Game Is

This is a discussion on Using Different Camera Angles Depending On How Big The Game Is within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #17
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Using Different Camera Angles Depending On How Big The Game Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
How do you see the outside receivers? On Zoom you can't see them after the snap?
No, you can. It backs out far enough on passing plays so that you can see sideline to sideline. Only time you might not is if you roll out near the sideline, you might not be able to see all the way across the field. I actually kind of like that though because QBs shouldn't be making a throw from one sideline to the other anyways.

However, there is one pretty significant problem with the camera that I see. If you run a playaction pass, the camera stays zoomed in as though it's a run. Then you really can't see sideline to sideline and you better have an option open somewhere over the middle. I'm hoping this can be patched so that the camera recognizes that it's a pass and not a run during PA passes.

Other than that drawback (which is hopefully fixed), it does a pretty good job of putting you in the trenches, but still giving you enough visibility to see what you're doing.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #18
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrgrs17
Why no mention of the wide camera in here? Am I the only one in love with that angle? I love how you can always see the outside receivers no matter what route they run. You can also see how the CB is playing the outside WR pre-snap. I experimented with the coordinator cam for a bit, but I ran into problems where the camera couldn't keep up with my WRs that ran deep verticals. That's just inexcusable. I haven't returned since. The ability to see the whole field all the time on wide is great, and at the same time, I don't have trouble with the running game.
I agree, I think wide is the best of both worlds. I noticed on coordinator cam, there are times where the camera hovers over your head. Kinda eliminates depth perception.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #19
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

I've been trying to figure out what I'm going to do here. On one hand, the Coordinator Cam + Commentary (which I'll turn off for smaller games) seems really appealing in terms of presentation. On the other hand, Coordinator Cam makes the game a little easier. So here's what I'm thinking...

Bowl Games/Rivalry Games: Wide Camera + Commentary

Top 25 Games: Coordinator Camera + Commentary

Cupcake Games: Standard Camera w/ no commentary

All Others (Conference Games, etc.): Zoom Camera w/ no commentary

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »