Home

Something I finally noticed after 135 games...

This is a discussion on Something I finally noticed after 135 games... within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-18-2003, 09:49 PM   #1
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Something I finally noticed after 135 games...

The accuracy of the quarterbacks is quite strange if you think about it. When you throw an out route, have u ever thrown the ball over the WR/TE's head? Or at his feet? It seems anytime that there is a poorly thrown ball, it's always the side to side, the "X-axis" per say, that is off. Out routes and drags seem to 75% of the time have the ball be led too much and the other 25% of the time have it be thrown behind the reciever when it's a bad ball. There's not a whole lot of diversity in the "Y-axis" except sometimes when you throw a fly pattern it can be over-thrown(accurate quarterback's are right on almost every time).

I like EA's QB accuracy more than Sega's, but this is just something I noticed that I never heard anyone else talk about before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2003, 10:49 PM   #2
rns
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Something I finally noticed after 135 games...

I noticed the CPU throws a lot more off target. Both horizontally and vertically. Although vertically they overthrow, but never underthrow unless hit during the throw. But sometimes when they overthrow, it looks like real life. I can't get my QB to aim that badly on the deep ball if I try. But on horizontal patterns the ball is almost always too far in front without leading.
Old 12-19-2003, 12:40 PM   #3

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Yeah I think this is the new thing that everyone wants to see in next year's football games. More passes need to fall harmlessly to the ground. More balls need to get thrown into the dirt. This is one of the things holding the game back from being a true sim. Right now, the ball either does one of 4 things....

1. Caught by receiver
2. Dropped by receiver
3. Intercepted by defender
4. Knocked down or dropped by defender.
Old 12-19-2003, 01:03 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

Just last night I was trying to lead my TE across the middle, I threw it in front of him and it harmlessly landed on the ground it front of him. I agree I don't see it very often but you do see it. Even on passes to the sidelines I have noticed it going over the head of the receiver and landing out of bounds.
Old 12-19-2003, 05:24 PM   #5
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

Just last night I was trying to lead my TE across the middle, I threw it in front of him and it harmlessly landed on the ground it front of him. I agree I don't see it very often but you do see it. Even on passes to the sidelines I have noticed it going over the head of the receiver and landing out of bounds.

Yes, I like the over-throw out of bounds because that's something you see a lot on deep balls near the side-line.

I agree that there are balls that fall harmlessly to the ground, but there needs to be more. Especially when the defender is covering tight, the QB should try to put it where only his guy can get it sometimes.

I'm not griping at all, just something I noticed. I think it'd be a little late to gripe after 135 games anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2003, 11:36 PM   #6
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

The accuracy of the quarterbacks is quite strange if you think about it. When you throw an out route, have u ever thrown the ball over the WR/TE's head? Or at his feet? It seems anytime that there is a poorly thrown ball, it's always the side to side, the "X-axis" per say, that is off. Out routes and drags seem to 75% of the time have the ball be led too much and the other 25% of the time have it be thrown behind the reciever when it's a bad ball. There's not a whole lot of diversity in the "Y-axis" except sometimes when you throw a fly pattern it can be over-thrown(accurate quarterback's are right on almost every time).

I like EA's QB accuracy more than Sega's, but this is just something I noticed that I never heard anyone else talk about before.

It's an engine limitation. It's also something that has needed to be addressed for years now. WAY too many passes in NCAA or broken up/swatted away by a denfender rather than being under/over thrown. I hope this can be fixed at some point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »