Home

Coach Skills: Coaching Tree vs Recruiting Tree

This is a discussion on Coach Skills: Coaching Tree vs Recruiting Tree within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #9
Rookie

DanHnat's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Coach Skills: Coaching Tree vs Recruiting Tree

I plan on starting an OD with 1 star teams, so I think I will start by doing the coaching tree. starting with a bad team you wont really get a lot of benefit from the recruit tree to start with. My goal my first year is to use the coaching tree to win my conference, or at least finish high enough to get a good bowl game. Then maybe respec the next year for recruiting.

I guess I wont know for sure until i get into it, but thats my plan.

Hail to the Victors!
Old 07-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockOchoGOAT
I think the game manager stuf will be outlawed in most ODs. User matches will be ruined by showing the other opponent the play taht's being run. Even giving your players big boosts on game day may be outlawed because all user teams with good coaches will end up putting super teams on the field. I am a fan of all of the new recruiting though.

But some coaches always have great athletes or well groomed QBs. As far as coachstradamus I think that is a great addition. In real life the DC and OC and assistant coaches review pictures taken of the other Teams plays and formations/ fronts. this is a great way to encourage users who constantly run the same plays over and over again to add some diversity to their game.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #11
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I'm very interested to see how balanced these boosts are in OD user games

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #12
Rookie

DanHnat's Arena

OVR: 3

I dont think EA has released anything but level one coaching skills, but I know there are a few that show some level 2 or 3's out there.

• Set Up Artist- Lvl 2- Decreases the yardage needed for set up plays by 30%. Choose plays in the same formation type (pass or run)
  • Big Game- Lvl 2- Players start out HOT in rivalry, bowl, championship games.
  • Big Game- Lvl 3- Players start Very Hot in rivalry, bowl, and championship games.
  • Coachstradamus- Lvl 2- 10% chance of picking the opponents next play
  • Coachstradamus- Lvl 3- 25% chance of picking opponents next play
  • The Closer- Lvl 1,2,3- Bonus points at the end of the season from 500, 1000, 1500 respectively. ( I assume the opener is the same, just for the first 8 weeks of the season)
  • OC- Air traffic control- Lvl 2 Players gain +3 spectacular catch, +3 catch in traffic. +1 jumping, release, and route running.
  • Kitchen Sink- Lvl 2- Each recruit can Have +100 more points put in each week. +200 at level 3.
These are what I have found so far. Figured this could fuel some of the conversation. If anyone has any more to post that would be cool.

Hail to the Victors!

Last edited by DanHnat; 07-01-2013 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Forgot kitchen sink.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:24 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

Do existing coaches have skill trees developed? It says you can use the head coach perks to improve your coordinator skills. If I want to be an offense minded coach then should I work under Leach at WSU? Just an angle to think about.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:54 AM   #14
Rookie

Gopher's Arena

OVR: 2

Obviously everyone has their personal preference on Coaching Skills, but I plan on focusing on recruiting 100%. That could change when the game gets released. I'm going to need a leg up on recruiting with Navy or Minnesota.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »