Home

Coach Skills: Coaching Tree vs Recruiting Tree

This is a discussion on Coach Skills: Coaching Tree vs Recruiting Tree within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2013, 04:58 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
Coach Skills: Coaching Tree vs Recruiting Tree

How do you plan on building your coach? Will you fully commit to 1 tree first or will you balance both?

Reviewing EAs break down of both trees. I see some great arguments for both. One on hand having coaching bonuses gives you an added edge in user games to be able to compensate for talent deficiencies or push you over the top and overwhelm your opponent. With great recruiting and a loaded team it doesn't always matter if your opponents know what you are trying to run they still can't stop it or execute against it.

Personally I'm leaning more towards the recruiting tree. Simply because I haven't played with many in game bonuses before and did pretty good.

Full break down of all coach skills: http://www.easports.com/ncaa-footbal...4-coach-skills
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Coach Skills: Coaching Tree vs Recruiting Tree

In my online dynasty with friends, I will go with recruiting (because I drew the hardest school of the group to recruit for).

For my offline dynasty, it will depend on the school. I like taking multiple teams in my offline dynasties and know that some will need recruiting boosts, and some will need gameplay boosts.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
Definitely recruiting tree for a rebuilding project. Coaching tree after I've got pieces in place.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:27 PM   #4
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
It depends. One of my ODs is ultra competitive so ill likely use the gameplay boost. Another will use either a 1* or 2* so may go recruiting in that one.

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 07-01-2013, 05:30 PM   #5
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm only going the recruiting tree. Until I max that out, I will not spend any points on the coaching side of it. I only play offline dynasty, so I really don't see the need to put any points into the coaching side of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #6
Rookie

tigerfan2's Arena

OVR: 6

I'll probably go recruiting first in my od so I can get better talent in at memphis.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:37 PM   #7
Rookie

BrockOchoGOAT's Arena

OVR: 1

I think the game manager stuf will be outlawed in most ODs. User matches will be ruined by showing the other opponent the play taht's being run. Even giving your players big boosts on game day may be outlawed because all user teams with good coaches will end up putting super teams on the field. I am a fan of all of the new recruiting though.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:08 PM   #8
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
How do you plan on building your coach? Will you fully commit to 1 tree first or will you balance both?

Reviewing EAs break down of both trees. I see some great arguments for both. One on hand having coaching bonuses gives you an added edge in user games to be able to compensate for talent deficiencies or push you over the top and overwhelm your opponent. With great recruiting and a loaded team it doesn't always matter if your opponents know what you are trying to run they still can't stop it or execute against it.
That's an interesting question about whether to go fully in 1 or balance them out. In my offline and I'm hoping in my OD as well I'll turn off the "respec your points" option so once I spend a point it'll be mine forever. I do this because A. I think it's dumb to be full out recruiting because I need to sign 20 guys one year, then full out gameplanning because I only need to sign 8 or spending points in QB composure because I start a FR this year. And B. this requires you to plan out your future ahead of time since you don't have the ability to change up every season.

The "all into 1 or spread between 2" question is tough though. This is because most of the good stuff is higher in the trees which requires a lot more points in the trees to open up the good stuff. Because of that, if I have 21 points to spend and I want a high level recruiting skill, I'd have to dump all 21 points into that tree (I read the requirements somewhere and I think I remember it's 5 points in a tree to unlock tier 2, 10 for tier 3, and 20 for tier 4). If I spread them out 50/50, then I'd have to be level 41 to get a top level skill as opposed to level 21 if I focus only in 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
Personally I'm leaning more towards the recruiting tree. Simply because I haven't played with many in game bonuses before and did pretty good.
Don't forget though that you also haven't played against people that have in game bonuses before either.

With all that said, I'm pretty sure I'll focus on recruiting mainly for my Illinois all B1G OD and probably still recruiting, but with more gameplanning for my Michigan offline.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »