Home

NCAA, no excitement anymore?

This is a discussion on NCAA, no excitement anymore? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2013, 12:43 AM   #73
Just started!

DevilDawg05's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA, no excitement anymore?

While I miss the days of going from store to store trying to hunt down the game early. I get excited every year for this game. I am 32 and still going strong.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:59 AM   #74
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm 40, and it's been many years since I've anticipated a release as much as this one. I used to go to the midnight releases or stalk the Walmart electronics department at the stroke of midnight. I've got mine pre-ordered and I've already taken off work July 10th to have my "alone time" with the game.

I play NCAA FB religiously, and it's been the only game that I play consistently as I've gotten older. I play offline, and I guess you could call me a grinder. There's something about perpetuating my dynasties that simply do not grow boring to me. Sure, I have to interject some house rules and such to keep it from getting stale (see "keeping your dynasty fresh" thread).

As is common with forums, there's always those who are very vocal about the shortcomings of a game, and I'm not saying their criticisms are unfounded. Heck, I still have nightmares about "Robo-Quarterback" from the early PS2 days. But I think the game has come a long way, and what I've seen and played of '14 looks great to me.

Maybe because I'm an old-timer, I appreciate what we've got, and I try not to let a few imperfections keep me from enjoying the game.

This was my first "football video game", and I enjoyed the heck out of those little red LED football men!

I also scrimmaged quite a bit of this.........don't tell me I lost that tiny little foam football again....

Now we've got this, and I'm in hog heaven.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 07-03-2013, 01:17 AM   #75
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I'm really excited for NCAA 14 compared to last year. The game just seems better.
My sentiments exactly. I really enjoyed 12 and for some reason, 13 just seemed like a rushed attempt to put out the next year's installment of the game. Next to the trainwreck that was NCAA 2005, 13 was my least anticipated title.

14 just feels right this year based off my time with the demo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2013, 01:21 AM   #76
Rookie

nazzman's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranman1982
... Me being a 31 year olds, no longer feels like an old guy on here.
You shouldn't, I'm pushing 60. Playing all century (yeah, this century).
Old 07-03-2013, 02:06 AM   #77
Pro

MakePlaysOrDie's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzman
You shouldn't, I'm pushing 60. Playing all century (yeah, this century).
I'm 20 and I love ncaa football as well. it really is a game for all ages!

PS4- xXB-TomahawkChop
Old 07-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #78
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
I'm 40, and it's been many years since I've anticipated a release as much as this one. I used to go to the midnight releases or stalk the Walmart electronics department at the stroke of midnight. I've got mine pre-ordered and I've already taken off work July 10th to have my "alone time" with the game.

I play NCAA FB religiously, and it's been the only game that I play consistently as I've gotten older. I play offline, and I guess you could call me a grinder. There's something about perpetuating my dynasties that simply do not grow boring to me. Sure, I have to interject some house rules and such to keep it from getting stale (see "keeping your dynasty fresh" thread).

As is common with forums, there's always those who are very vocal about the shortcomings of a game, and I'm not saying their criticisms are unfounded. Heck, I still have nightmares about "Robo-Quarterback" from the early PS2 days. But I think the game has come a long way, and what I've seen and played of '14 looks great to me.

Maybe because I'm an old-timer, I appreciate what we've got, and I try not to let a few imperfections keep me from enjoying the game.

This was my first "football video game", and I enjoyed the heck out of those little red LED football men!

I also scrimmaged quite a bit of this.........don't tell me I lost that tiny little foam football again....

great post man. great!! im a grey bush too and agree 100%. im excited, always am. been some bad versions all along the way. go back and play the treasured 06 and laugh at the speed cheat, the huge players, the bad angles and so many plays that dont work. this game has gotten better each year along the way in all but a few cases with game killers. if you have been buying this game all along on this gen and now your holding out, you could miss the best one yet. what i would do is buy this gen for a few years and dont buy next gen because it just the uphill battle starting again. this is the time. but for $60 i dont see how you cant buy this if you like college football. i get $60 bucks worth the first week by just staying home and setting up a playbook and running practice mode. hell $60 is one night of dinner and drinks. i'll stay in the man cave for two weeks when this comes out. this game makes me money.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #79
Pro

solofx7's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf

Love the post. I am 38, so don't feel bad. We are the game playing generation. Lakers vs Celtics on the Genesis is what got me started. The day after playing it I rode to K-mart on my bike and bought a genesis and lakers v celtics. That started a long love affair with games.

Every year, it is the NCAA game that I look forward to. I love that variety of teams, plays and play variety that is not there in madden. Last years madden was so different and great with the inifinity engine. basically I feel that it is what we have been waiting for as gamers in most of the sports games, waiting for the videogames to feel as organic and real as real life. the infinity engine was a bit rough around the edges, but it was organic. I am very very very excited to play this years NCAA with the engine in there. This is probably the most excited I have been for an NCAA game in a very long time. I get it every year and love it, but this year just feels different. I play it more than any other game and have the season pass so I can get it early and start playing friday night
Old 07-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #80
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
great post man. great!! im a grey bush too and agree 100%. im excited, always am. been some bad versions all along the way. go back and play the treasured 06 and laugh at the speed cheat, the huge players, the bad angles and so many plays that dont work. this game has gotten better each year along the way in all but a few cases with game killers. if you have been buying this game all along on this gen and now your holding out, you could miss the best one yet. what i would do is buy this gen for a few years and dont buy next gen because it just the uphill battle starting again. this is the time. but for $60 i dont see how you cant buy this if you like college football. i get $60 bucks worth the first week by just staying home and setting up a playbook and running practice mode. hell $60 is one night of dinner and drinks. i'll stay in the man cave for two weeks when this comes out. this game makes me money.
60 dollars for dinner and drinks? You got more money to spend than I lol but I agree with everything you said. It is worth the money most of the time, last year, not so much for me, sold it after 3 weeks but still I played quite a bit in those 3 weeks, just got stale fast. I sold for 40 bucks...so 3 weeks of renting for 5 bucks (Amazon pre-order sale of 45 for me last year, where is that this year btw? Ugh lol)...not bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »