Home

NCAA, no excitement anymore?

This is a discussion on NCAA, no excitement anymore? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA, no excitement anymore?

Glad to see I am not the only one in the 34+ demographic who still plays. Haha.

I had lost my excitement for the series. Last gen, I was doing whatever I could to get my hands on the game, especially when it wasn't readily available in Canada at the time. I loved the game play, which more closely resembles the Canadian Football League than the NFL does. I had bought every game for the 360 until 11. My wife bought me 12 as a gift, but I played it very little. Playing the demo this year, though, I am being drawn back in to the game, and look forward to it. I have pre-ordered it, and will hopefully not regret my $59 bucks being spent on the game.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:33 AM   #18
Rookie

There does seem to be a lack of excitement for NCAA Football 14 and a lack of screenshots and details. What made up my mind to not get the game is the price and the inability to customize more.

Maybe if there was a Customize Mode with the ability to choose the number of conferences, renaming conferences, bowl/playoff options, and customizing all teams schedules I may have been more willing to buy this game for $60.

Last edited by MLcardinalfan; 07-02-2013 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Grammer
Old 07-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #19
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm 32 and have been playing this series since it was Bill Walsh Football. This year I am as excited as ever for the game. Playing dynasties with friends is what has made the series great to me, despite the games flaws. This year is probably going to be the biggest upgrade to the series on current gen, with RTP and improved blocking.

Also, I just moved across the country and had to take a layoff from the start up company I was working for back in January. The move and job search have been a grind, so I am ready to just ball out for awhile. Of course, I get a job offer with a start date of July 8th. Thankfully, I can get a weekend of play in with Season Ticket before I start the new job.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 07-02-2013, 11:44 AM   #20
Rookie

Volz4lif3's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
I'm stoked for the game. Really looking forward to jumping back into my dynasty. I think '14's going to be a nice refresher for people.

I'm really surprised no one has come to the boards with the game already in hand however. At least that's what i've been waiting for.

Come release day, the boards should blow up to some extent. I think with people getting their hands on the game early with season ticket, that being friday night, it tends to vary the excitement level/traffic on the board.
That's basically also what I was try to say I'm surprised nobody has the game in hand past years it was almost automatic someone had it early. I've also been playing with a group here and there but you know you hafta to have a solid core of guys. Anyway looking forward to the college football season and somewhat this game.

Also there are alot of guys my age that play video games and prob won't stop unless I can't anymore.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #21
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volz4lif3
That's basically also what I was try to say I'm surprised nobody has the game in hand past years it was almost automatic someone had it early. I've also been playing with a group here and there but you know you hafta to have a solid core of guys. Anyway looking forward to the college football season and somewhat this game.

Also there are alot of guys my age that play video games and prob won't stop unless I can't anymore.
I think since Season Ticket, EA has really cracked down on the mom and pop stores that sold the game early. There was a place in Northwest Ohio where I got the game about 5 days early from 07-11 but they shut the early sales down starting with 12. I am surprised there have not been more videos lately, but I'm pretty sure the media outlets that got the game early are blacked out until the 5th.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #22
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I think the "lack of excitement" can be contributed to a couple of things.

First - as someone else mentioned with the next generation of consoles on the horizon many gamers are focused on that instead of what this gen has to offer.

Second - About the lack of thread asking where they can get the game early, etc. These have been really slowed down by the EA Season Pass. Also NCAA release anticipation is somewhat reduced due to the fact you'll still have to wait on rosters

Lastly - In regards to lack of screen shots there have been quite a few, but definitely less than past years. I attribute this due to the age of our current consoles. I mean, at this point in this generation of consoles the game, from a still screen shot perspective, really hasn't changed that much. In the past few years no sports game has really. Screen shots really don't cut it for most. A few game-play videos (pre-demo) would have been nice though.

Overall, I will say that it's kind of odd to see that EA has been this quiet about this game for this long. Usually they're marketing the heck out of it this close to release, but I don't think I've seen a single commercial as of yet and I certainly haven't seen any of "The making of" type shows. It's been weird. However, from reading many impressions in the Demo Impressions thread it appears that there are a lot of gamers who are excited for release, many of which have been turned off by the game in the past and the demo got them back on board. Honestly, I don't think I've seen a Demo Impressions thread for NCAA or Madden this positive ever. Which is also odd too, but I think that the NCAA team has gotten it together this year and we're in store for a great FB game. The only thing I know for certain though is that I can't wait.

edit: I turn 34 in December, by the way

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-02-2013, 11:58 AM   #23
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by xayoz306
Glad to see I am not the only one in the 34+ demographic who still plays. Haha.
47 years old here and still going strong! Got my pre-order in for my PS4 and will get an Xbone at some point I am sure. I love gaming. It's my hobby. I have ebbs and flows where I game a whole lot and then not as much for stretches, and I have to balance my real world life and responsibilities, but I think I will still be gaming when I am retired. Reflexes may suffer though. :-)

NCAA has always been my favorite series, despite EA's many faults and shortcomings every year, primarily because I love college football so much. The more the game becomes like a coaching RPG, the more I love it. This year's demo has me really stoked and if the series goes to next-gen I will hardly be able to contain myself for the wait.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 07-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
Not even close IMO. I'm 38 and still playing 13 in a OD with 11 of my friends.

Also, from the amount of positive impressions from the demo, I'd say most agree that there's some fun to be had.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-360-ps3.html
Well thats becuz ur friends play it still. For those u enjoy single player mode vs the CPU the game is horrendous. U cans even say its horrendous paying vs a human also... The game is sour , bad leaving taste in my mouth and thats why my copy will wait till its about 50.00 or 40.00 dollars. then ill buy it.. No way does this or Madden warrant a 60.00 dollar purchase and to keep feeding the frenzy they call a football game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »