Home

Which Version to buy...PS3 or XBOX360???

This is a discussion on Which Version to buy...PS3 or XBOX360??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Which Version to buy...PS3 or XBOX360???

I think it looks much better on PS3 this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #42
Pro

Philstat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrueToTheGame
I think it looks much better on PS3 this year.
I really wonder what games you guys are playing - what type of setup. I have both my PS3 and 360 hooked up to a professionally calibrated LG IPS Panel with Redmere HDMI cables with the EXACT same settings for each console and it's not even close - the 360 hammers the PS3. Granted it the PS3 has a cleaner look, though the aliasing is out of control and the blurring during the closeups is heavy. The colors also washed out compared to the 360, some may prefer this, as the colors do look more natural and not as saturated. The PS3 does tend to lag more in the menus - not in gameplay. The PS3 has much better sound, being it's capable of DTS and PCM audio.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #43
Just started!

MrDFlipside's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfEd
Xan created editors for Madden, NCAA, and a generic EA editor. You can drop a 360 file save in and make a ton of global edits to ratings, equipment, ect. There's also the ability to edit profiles which contain a bunch of hidden fields.
The editors are found in the Roster forums. Pretty cool stuff once you get the hang of them, and a huge time saver.
Oh wow, I'll have to check this out! Thanks again.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:28 AM   #44
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philstat
I really wonder what games you guys are playing - what type of setup. I have both my PS3 and 360 hooked up to a professionally calibrated LG IPS Panel with Redmere HDMI cables with the EXACT same settings for each console and it's not even close - the 360 hammers the PS3. Granted it the PS3 has a cleaner look, though the aliasing is out of control and the blurring during the closeups is heavy. The colors also washed out compared to the 360, some may prefer this, as the colors do look more natural and not as saturated. The PS3 does tend to lag more in the menus - not in gameplay. The PS3 has much better sound, being it's capable of DTS and PCM audio.
With lag I have exact opposite, with 360 being much more laggy.

Colours look so much nicer and brighter on PS3 for me. It's only the anti aliasing that let's the PS3 version down a bit.

If it was down to graphics alone I would buy PS3 version no doubt. (Getting PS3 version for better community)

Basically both versions look and play great.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:49 AM   #45
Pro

Philstat's Arena

I do recommend PS3 to 720p vice 1080p, only a handful of games run in true 1080p. The PS3 version plays faster and looks better IMO vice trying to upscale it. Your TV will most likely do a better job scaling than the PS3 would which lacks a dedicated scaler, unlike the 360 version. I noticed a nice color increase when I did this on the PS3 version. The PS3 version lacks anti-aliasing - in some ways I prefer this look to some degree, the arena looks sharper and less blurred. Look at the fans on the PS3 version vice the 360 when you are on the field, huge difference, PS3 looks much better in this regard. I aslo think on closeups the PS3 looks better sometimes, though in actual gameplay - line of scrimmage gameplay the 360 version looks better IMO, more refined due to it having anti-aliasing implemented.

Last edited by Philstat; 07-05-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #46
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

The anti-aliasing softens the game too much IMO w/360. I'm likely to get the 360 version because of the controller and my brother wants me to get that one so we can play online.

However, the PS3 version really does look better this year.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

PLAYED BOTH GETTING FOR XBOX360
Old 07-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #48
Rookie

TwinCitiesJHawk's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuglove2005
PLAYED BOTH GETTING FOR XBOX360
what was the deciding factor on choosing xbox over ps3?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »