Home

LAST YEAR FOR NCAA FOOTBALL?

This is a discussion on LAST YEAR FOR NCAA FOOTBALL? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #33
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0
Of course he's going to say that. To drive people to his store to buy the "last" version of the game.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #34
Banned

Wilson16NCSU's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: LAST YEAR FOR NCAA FOOTBALL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
What are the odds they win or lose the lawsuit?
based on people that have been covering it it is alot more likely that this goes to class-action trial than not. Most who have been covering have continously said they would be shocked if EA won or it was thrown out.

If it goes to a class-action trial most expect EA/NCAA to settle out of court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinemaniac
Selling way more does not mean that NCAA does not have a market and produce a profit.
who said it didn't?
Old 07-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson16NCSU
based on people that have been covering it it is alot more likely that this goes to class-action trial than not. Most who have been covering have continously said they would be shocked if EA won or it was thrown out.

If it goes to a class-action trial most expect EA/NCAA to settle out of court.

who said it didn't?
you are acting like its not a producer in your posts that you made...it produces PLENTY of revenue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2013, 04:46 PM   #36
Banned

Wilson16NCSU's Arena

Quote:
you are acting like its not a producer in your posts that you made...it produces PLENTY of revenue.
no im in my post im saying its not as big of a producer as someone tries to make it out to be by saying NCAA Football is the second largest sport in this country.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
no im in my post im saying its not as big of a producer as someone tries to make it out to be by saying NCAA Football is the second largest sport in this country.
in comparison to maddens 2.4-2.7m yea its not as big of a producer but it still sells normally 600k-700k units per year.

thats around 44Mil it pulls in.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #38
Banned

Wilson16NCSU's Arena

Quote:
in comparison to maddens 2.4-2.7m yea its not as big of a producer but it still sells normally 600k-700k units per year.

thats around 44Mil it pulls in.
Madden 13 sold 4.75 million units. NCAA 13 sold more than you suggest, it moved around 1.5 million units.

My original point still stands that saying "NCAA Football is second most popular sport in the country" is overrating its market size in video games. 1.5 million units is pretty good especially for a sports game, but 1.5 million is is just a small percentage on college football fans. My point also was despite its huge fan base in real life, it isn't the second most popular sports game, as Madden, Fifa, and NBA 2k all sold more last year.

Also I think your confusing me with someone who thinks EA will stop making NCAA because of sales. I haven't said that and have definitely disagreed with it in the thead. Only way NCAA stops being made because of sales is if the outcome of the lawsuit allows EA to keep making it but only with randon, generic characters.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Madden 13 sold 4.75 million units. NCAA 13 sold more than you suggest, it moved around 1.5 million units.

My original point still stands that saying "NCAA Football is second most popular sport in the country" is overrating its market size in video games. 1.5 million units is pretty good especially for a sports game, but 1.5 million is is just a small percentage on college football fans. My point also was despite its huge fan base in real life, it isn't the second most popular sports game, as Madden, Fifa, and NBA 2k all sold more last year.

Also I think your confusing me with someone who thinks EA will stop making NCAA because of sales. I haven't said that and have definitely disagreed with it in the thead. Only way NCAA stops being made because of sales is if the outcome of the lawsuit allows EA to keep making it but only with randon, generic characters.
I was going off early purchase numbers not final numbers....either way the concept still remains true. if it sold 1.25M that means that number would basically double to over 88M....

they may make it with random generic characters....but thats nothing the community roster editors cannot fix
Old 07-03-2013, 05:25 PM   #40
Banned

Wilson16NCSU's Arena

If the community would be willing to do it. I mean have to basically create 8704 players from scratch is tons of work lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »