Home

Shattered Dreams: Tales of Lost Dynasties (literally!)

This is a discussion on Shattered Dreams: Tales of Lost Dynasties (literally!) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2003, 11:16 AM   #1
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
Shattered Dreams: Tales of Lost Dynasties (literally!)

The latest and greatest tale of sorrow and woe.....

In our SEVEN..yes folks...SEVEN man dynasty, here is what transpired.

I'm Auburn (would you expect anything less? ). Other Human players are Va Tech, Bama, Florida, Tennessee, Pitt, and Georgia. We just finished year 3 of our dynasty. Right now...Auburn and Va Tech have "Miami/FSU type" talent, with Bama a close third, and everyone else middle of the road.

Anyway....Recruiting with 7 people can be...shall we say..TIME CONSUMING. In other words...it takes freaking forever.

My team is pretty much loaded, everywhere except I needed a mobile QB to play my blitz happy buddies, TEs, and FBS...the less glamorous offensive positions.

Well...I ended up picking up a Billy Badass at Qb in Roman Mack, a scrambler with 78 speed, 92 THP and 84 THA. I also picked up two of the best TEs I've ever recruited, a 6'7" Freshman named Barron Donaldson who had 78 speed, 78 agility, 79 acceleration and 80 catch!! I also got a 6'5" who was a little slower...about 70 speed but he also had 80 catch!

On top of that I got a badass FB...Jamir Martin, who had 78 speed, 82 catch, 75 break tackle!!

When I added these guys to my offense...I was near unstoppable. Not only that but I took on the other "superpower" Va Tech in the season opener....who by the way STILL had an 87 speed Marcus Vick at QB.

I beat Va Tech in overtime 33-30 AND knocked out Vick for 8 weeks with a broken collarbone. However....

All of my hopes and dreams for this team were crushed like dust when RICKY ******O...aka the Tennessee coach...decided to TURN OFF the PS2 WHILE THE GAME WAS SAVING....

Now..... ....a corrupted file is all that remains of my once proud soldiers of battle.

Why??.... ......WHY????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2003, 12:43 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Shattered Dreams: Tales of Lost Dynasties (literally!)

Dude,

That sucks! I bought one of those crappy 4X memory cards for the PS1 7 years or so ago. Well anyway, it erased our season 140 games into our baseball season....I never played the game again...I couldn't get back into it. Sorry for your loss.
Old 12-16-2003, 01:07 PM   #3
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

This isn't the first time I've had to deal with this kind of loss...

1. Summer of 2001....Roommate erases the team of teams..pretty much all 99s on my Auburn squad of NCAA 2002.

2. Winter of 2002.....My Washington Huskies team assembles the greatest collection of LB talent in history....so much so that I move my two best MLBs to defensive end as they are faster and stronger than any DE I have on roster. I get to play with this squad for all of 1/4 of a season before my neighbor decides to simulate ahead to see what the teams look like....and saves over the file.

3. Summer of 2003....my NFL2k4 Steelers team, which through wheelings and dealings has acquired studs like Roy Williams, Charles Woodson, and Takeo Spikes, is vanquished yet again by a third party who doesn't realize that the File named DREW'S DYN means that it is the file CONTAINING DREW'S DYNASTY!!!!! and saves BRAD'S DYN over it!

People don't realize how many tragic occurrences happen in the world of Sports videogames.
Old 12-16-2003, 10:57 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

One night I got drunk and played my dynasty and when I woke up the next day the save file for the dynasty, of which I was in year 10, was not there.
Old 12-17-2003, 03:20 PM   #5
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

This is a little different but I lost my NCAA '04 Mizzou dynasty on my xbox when the whole draft class import problem first came up. I quickly sold the xbox copies of NCAA and madden in favor of the PS2 version. I have a pretty good dynasty going now, but it just isn't quite the same. At least I can bring my dynasty back to life if I ever decide to go out and blow money on the Xbox version again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2003, 12:02 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

hmm...last year, I had a corrupted file in my dynasty...but since my brother also has a memory card, I copied my "corrupted" dynasty file onto his memory card, and my dynasty worked again...so, you could maybe try that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »