Home

NCAA Football 14 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Impressions Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 05:22 PM   #73
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Just finished my first game. Got smacked 56-21 by GT, I was ULL. I'm playing 8 minute quarters on Heisman with Qb ACC at 10 and INTs at 35 for both HUM and CPU.

They rushed for 509 yards on 54 attempts. but only completed 2 (2-2) passes for 38 yards. I did sack them 3 times though.

I played the game in heavy rain and the uniform derogation is much more noticeable this year. Perhaps too much, but at least the white pants get dirty.

Edit: Also if you're a DE user and you playing against an option team, you better know football or your going to get roasted. Hell, you may even if you do know football.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 07-05-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football 14 Available For Season Ticket Subscribers, Post Your Impressions H

Damn. Just saw a bug I saw reported from the demo that's pretty awful for online play.

I was playing as Notre Dame against Tennessee. I intercepted a pass along the side lines at the ND 3 yard line (i.e., close to my own endzone).

The game gave me the ball on the Tenn. 3 yard line. So, rather than having to march 97 yards for a TD, it gave me a pretty automatic one that required only a 3 yard drive. This is frustrating. Hopefully they fix this one ASAP, as it will make for some unfair wins.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #75
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NCAA Football 14 Available For Season Ticket Subscribers, Post Your Impressions H

I wouldnt say zone is broken, it's definitely not as strong as it was in NCAA 12 though. Not sure why this area has taken a step back two years in a row

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #76
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

One note as i'm playing more and more, I really enjoy the pre-game and halftime shows. They might be simple, but I'm not skipping them so far. Especially the pre-game show, talking about stories in the conference, how well the team is playing... it's great.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #77
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
my game got really laggy like the frame rate dipped low on every play so I restarted the console. I'm on a 250 gig 360 slim. Little worried about that hope it was just a glitch

I'm also having serious frame rate issues in my offline dynasty. It feels like I'm streaming on dial up.

Anyone else having frame rate and/or lag issues?

Last edited by boritter; 07-05-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #78
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

There are definitely some bad bugs/designelements (like db glitch, cpu ones sticking to aggressive, crappy zone coverage), but I also do like a lot of what I'm seeing in gameplay. I think an earnest job at fixing these issues in a patch would go a long way to making this a really excellent game.

Stanford just pulled this fake punt on me in the first quarter. Took me totally by surprise. Might have gone for more too if Hewitt hadn't run into his own player.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:49 PM   #79
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

This might excite people

Playing a friendly online game with someone that is joining my dynasty, his WR SMOKED my CB while the ball was in the air on a pass and I was wondering how...

FLAG > Offensive pass interference (and we do not allow switching mid air so this was ALL CPU)!!!
Old 07-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by firesloth
Damn. Just saw a bug I saw reported from the demo that's pretty awful for online play.

I was playing as Notre Dame against Tennessee. I intercepted a pass along the side lines at the ND 3 yard line (i.e., close to my own endzone).

The game gave me the ball on the Tenn. 3 yard line. So, rather than having to march 97 yards for a TD, it gave me a pretty automatic one that required only a 3 yard drive. This is frustrating. Hopefully they fix this one ASAP, as it will make for some unfair wins.
Just reported the same thing happened to me. I'm speechless right now. How in the world did this not caught??? This is a gamebreaker for sure. Can't wait to see what the workaround is. Lol

Last edited by Flightwhite24; 07-05-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »