Home

NCAA Football 14 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Review (360/PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #57
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Its pointless to base buying a game off another person review. Very rarely will two people feel the exact same way about a game. One may like it another may not.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 14 Review (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Its pointless to base buying a game off another person review. Very rarely will two people feel the exact same way about a game. One may like it another may not.
I agree with this 100%
Old 07-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #59
MVP

skywalkah's Arena

OVR: 13
GameStop the last place I'd go for a review, let alone for a sports title.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Old 07-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #60
Just started!

McOshkosh's Arena

OVR: 0
Played the demo, will not buy it. Not impressed with the look of the game; looks just like last year with just new and improved gameplay.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:02 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 14 Review (360/PS3)

the more i play this game the more i wanna put my pre order on another game... i feel stupid for getting season ticket honestly cause a lot.. HASNT been fixed..

defense as said above isnt fixed at all.. and yealp its annoying as crap to be pressing the Y button on defense and your guy never jumps at all and bam the com is gone for a TD... and pass block is still stupid and the same... defenders rush right past my guys and my guys just sit there and let them run past and do nothing...

i was honestly hoping for better.. id hope they fixed some stuff.. since they worked with People who know the game? did they not listen to them or what?! just weird to me... i was really looking forward to playing some ncaa and college ball again but i dont think i can shell out the cash again for this.. when its not worth it to me.. sadly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinfire
the more i play this game the more i wanna put my pre order on another game... i feel stupid for getting season ticket honestly cause a lot.. HASNT been fixed..

defense as said above isnt fixed at all.. and yealp its annoying as crap to be pressing the Y button on defense and your guy never jumps at all and bam the com is gone for a TD... and pass block is still stupid and the same... defenders rush right past my guys and my guys just sit there and let them run past and do nothing...

i was honestly hoping for better.. id hope they fixed some stuff.. since they worked with People who know the game? did they not listen to them or what?! just weird to me... i was really looking forward to playing some ncaa and college ball again but i dont think i can shell out the cash again for this.. when its not worth it to me.. sadly
I tend to agree man. The non responsive buttons is beyond annoying. Until they fix that I have no interest in their football games. The only way to stop someone is to guess right on the pre snap commit against the pass/run middle/run right/run left. This game mechanic is very tecmo bowl-ish. If you guess right then the offense has no chance, guess wrong and the defense has no chance. You have a. 25% chance on every play. Until gameplay is to the point where what the user does on the sticks actually can have an impact on the play the same old frustrations on defense will linger.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #63
Rookie

Colonel Reb's Arena

OVR: 4
After last year's bug-filled debacle I really wasn't excited about this one at all. I finally decided to give the demo a shot out of boredom recently. The game feels much more natural than it ever has. The new physics engine has some quirks--I've seen players get launched into the air as if they were hit by a car a time or two-- but for the most part it really does add a lot to the gameplay.

I'm still not getting this one immediately. I want to wait until I see what bugs this game has after last year's game. EA's testing standards have hit rock bottom since the ability to patch games has started, so you know there will be some in this game too. If the quality was guaranteed I'd definitely be picking it up.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #64
Rookie

Colonel Reb's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
I agree for the most part, but you can get an idea of what features games have, how they work, and the issues if the review is well-written. The problem is too many of them are not, especially for sports games. You can tell a lot of reviewers for mainstream video game sites really don't understand the sports the games they're reviewing are based on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »