Home

How is your dynasty going

This is a discussion on How is your dynasty going within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2013, 12:15 AM   #49
MVP

RebelHog's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: How is your dynasty going

As an Arkansas fan, beating Florida is a huge task. They are the last team in the East we haven't beaten. I just did it in thrilling fashion with a Hail Mary tip for the go ahead score.

Stoked.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:22 AM   #50
Rookie

jejones's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Good to know. I was doing ones like that for MLB the show. But it felt like no one ever read them so i stopped.
I'm a nerd too. So I read it
Old 07-09-2013, 12:22 AM   #51
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22

I am in 2017 of a Wake Forest dynasty. Just picked them kinda at random. I mostly sim and have all the recruit stuff on norm

In the 1st season I got a gem 79 Qb.. 87 speed. (Think Manziel). After red shirting him and starting him as a sophmore, he is a 96 junior! 92 speed.

The 2nd season I got the number 1 runningback. Surprised by that. 76 overall.

Lastly I just got the number one SS. a 78.

I have been in the top 15 for 3 past seasons. Even ended 3rd a couple seasons ago. Won the ACC 3 times, 2-2 in bowl games. Dominate rivals.

Had a top 20 rookie class (focus almost all my upgrades to scouting)I think every year. Just finished with the number 2 class and it included my first 5 star recruit.. that saftey.

I enjoy the dynasty a ton.. I hope the zone defense can be improved for actual game play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2013, 12:33 AM   #52
Rookie

weaponz248's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponz248
Had a OT thriller against Oregon. Out scored them 22-20 in OT to beat them 64-62. Destroyed Arizona State 52-21. Then played #1 ranked Arizona and came away with a 16 point win. The next week I beat Utah by 15 and then I lost my last game of the season to Washington by 7. Disappointed but finished second in the PC 12 North with a record of 9-3(6-3). Even if I beat Washington I still would have finished 2nd in the North. After the Bowl week I was ranked #17. Got invited to the Sun Bowl Against #6 VT. We shall see how that goes.
Beat VT 45-42. The had the lead and I had the ball with 45 seconds left in the 4th and 85 yards to go. We made it with 15 seconds to spare. We finished the season 10-3 ranked #13. Not a bad year.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:33 AM   #53
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

I decided to start a new one. Now that I have played the game a bit. I decided I wanted to work my way up. So I picked the lowest rated 1 star team, UMass, and chose to be the OC. Playing on Heisman (with a few minor slider adjustments), 5 minute quarters and letting the CPU do recruiting for defensive players. I am only recruiting for offense. I decided that the weekly points will be split, so I can only use 2500 points.

But, UMass has no offensive needs currently. So I am not touching recruiting at all. Yet. I might go for one or two guys in a few weeks. Want to see what the CPU will do first.

First game of the season played Wisconsin on the road. Was doing really well in the first half. It was 3-0 after one, and Wisconsin up 10-0 at the half. Then in the third they scored twice to lead 24-0. I scored a garbage time touchdown late in the fourth, and got the two point conversion. Final score 24-8.

I forgot to mention, I am trying the spread option. Which was probably not a good idea with this team, as they are not equipped for it. But I will stick to it for the entire season. And see what happens. You have to commit, no being wishy washy after the season starts.

It was the first game of the season, but I was shocked the cpu controlled defense held them to 24 points. I ended up having more passing yards than them. 214 to 183. And they our ran me 188 to 105. I was having luck with the run/option in the first half, but had to switch to passing second due to falling so far back.

Nest up FCS East at home, before going back out on the road to #19 Kansas State.

---
Is there a place to post this stuff regularly? besides this topic? I have been a member of the site for a long while, but until this year I was only a lurker, just reading the odd topic here and there.

---

Also some things I didn't mention above. Started on default coach level, with fast progression. I had only done normal and slow before this, so will see how that goes. Should be interesting since cpu coaches level up at the same speed.

---
EDIT: Actually I think I made a mistake, GSU is the lowest rated with 60. UMass is 61. I just saw this in another topic. Not sure how I missed them while looking at the schools in game. Oh well.

Last edited by Zac; 07-09-2013 at 12:37 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:02 AM   #54
Pro

OVR: 9
I don't have the game yet, but which school would be the hardest to rise to the top with? Not just by they're current overall rating, but also recruiting, conference, etc...
Old 07-09-2013, 01:07 AM   #55
Rookie

weaponz248's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskinsfan26
I don't have the game yet, but which school would be the hardest to rise to the top with? Not just by they're current overall rating, but also recruiting, conference, etc...
Im not 100% sure but you could just create a team via team builder and make them really really bad and go from there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2013, 01:16 AM   #56
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

So I am now 1-1 with UMass. I barely beat FCS East. Final score, 20-17. Both of their TDs were from my mistakes. A pick six, and a qb fumble on a pitch on my own 15 yard line. They were also rated better than I was, and had better players than I did. Conference play will be a disaster I think.

And my best RB is out for 11 weeks with a broken collarbone.

Last edited by Zac; 07-09-2013 at 01:21 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »