Home

IGN Review is up

This is a discussion on IGN Review is up within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #17
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: IGN Review is up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
I'm glad to see others confirming my feelings. I felt this same way with the demo, the glitches and stale game had me bored after 3 or 4 games on the demo. When I came on here to talk about how disappointed I was people said I was just raining on everyone's parade and that I just love to be negative. Really people were just gaga w/ the demo at first because it was an upgrade over last years game but this game is no where near as good as those people raving about it tried to make it seem.

It's a stale game and they try to cover the flaws with a band-aid when it needs stitches.
Agreed. It seems like it's frowned up to say negative things about the game around here these days.

If you enjoy the game great but you echo my feelings exactly.

This used to be the one game I looked forward to every year. Now I'm just bored with it and don't really see myself playing it that much. It's more of the same with an addition that was in Madden last year.

This has been the formula for a long time. I can't believe I'm not actually going to purchase this year...maybe I'm just getting old. LOL.

About the third online game I played, I was wishing it would hurry up and get over with in the 2nd quarter because I was getting disinterested.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 07-05-2013, 10:55 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

wow harsh review
Old 07-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Until people quit buying this garbage Ben Aumiller and EA are just going to keep releasing the same crap product each year.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:11 PM   #20
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Ive spent a few hours in practice mode only. The line play has changed the game a lot. Hundreds of plays that never did anythi ng are now usable. I find this alone a huge addition. Didnt play madden and first time with engine. Huge welcome change. Much better feel with new run contols. Big backs plow over dbs. The defense runs at good angles and try to break u down. I like this a lot. The d doesnt just warp into the tackle anymore. U can make moves even in close traffic. Love just love the coordinator cam. But I have a huge tv and could see it a issue on smaller ones. The oline is just so nice. Option game is very relevant from the bone option formations. I found the spread options to very fun and diverse. Its just so nice to have all the plays to choose from instead of just a few that work in each book. Some are still slow but very nice. Love the combo moves and stumble stick. Adds somethings. The left stick quick step moves are great and remind me of the studder step they took out. Passing lanes are way better at the line. Guys cant change direction on a dime in coverage anymore. Running in traffic is ten times better. U used to always get tackled in traffic because defenders feel off block so easy. Now the oline really drives them and u can get a lot of extra yards and pop out the traffic for big runs which never happened before. U can actually read the flow of the defense because the blocking makes sense and the oline will seal defenders much in flow. They would do it before but the players would stop when they touched. Now there momentum keeps them moving when contact starts. Used to u just dodged two guys dancing in place. Now u really move with the flow and find the crease. Love it!!! As soon as I saw it I switched to wisconsin and ran some stretch plays outta I formation. Nasty!!

Im a long time player and these are only impressions from practice mode in about 5 hours of play. The amount of viable plays alone has made it a blast. The timing on plays are so much better. Not getting tackled on handoffs anymore is so nice. The new acceleration burst is fantastic. The stiff arm is great and the right stick moves are good.BBtter than the face button moves anyway. Just nice to see so many fresh things in the gameplay. Long needed. Just a few things from practice mode. Havent read any other impressions but hope u guys are enjoying as much as me. Hope no game killers in dynasty mode or big glitch surfaces.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:20 PM   #21
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
Ive spent a few hours in practice mode only. The line play has changed the game a lot. Hundreds of plays that never did anythi ng are now usable. I find this alone a huge addition. Didnt play madden and first time with engine. Huge welcome change. Much better feel with new run contols. Big backs plow over dbs. The defense runs at good angles and try to break u down. I like this a lot. The d doesnt just warp into the tackle anymore. U can make moves even in close traffic. Love just love the coordinator cam. But I have a huge tv and could see it a issue on smaller ones. The oline is just so nice. Option game is very relevant from the bone option formations. I found the spread options to very fun and diverse. Its just so nice to have all the plays to choose from instead of just a few that work in each book. Some are still slow but very nice. Love the combo moves and stumble stick. Adds somethings. The left stick quick step moves are great and remind me of the studder step they took out. Passing lanes are way better at the line. Guys cant change direction on a dime in coverage anymore. Running in traffic is ten times better. U used to always get tackled in traffic because defenders feel off block so easy. Now the oline really drives them and u can get a lot of extra yards and pop out the traffic for big runs which never happened before. U can actually read the flow of the defense because the blocking makes sense and the oline will seal defenders much in flow. They would do it before but the players would stop when they touched. Now there momentum keeps them moving when contact starts. Used to u just dodged two guys dancing in place. Now u really move with the flow and find the crease. Love it!!! As soon as I saw it I switched to wisconsin and ran some stretch plays outta I formation. Nasty!!

Im a long time player and these are only impressions from practice mode in about 5 hours of play. The amount of viable plays alone has made it a blast. The timing on plays are so much better. Not getting tackled on handoffs anymore is so nice. The new acceleration burst is fantastic. The stiff arm is great and the right stick moves are good.BBtter than the face button moves anyway. Just nice to see so many fresh things in the gameplay. Long needed. Just a few things from practice mode. Havent read any other impressions but hope u guys are enjoying as much as me. Hope no game killers in dynasty mode or big glitch surfaces.
It seems like all that was in 12 including the bad presentation and same commentary since 08. But how many years do we need to put up with cardboard cutout fans in the stand and motionless bodies on the sidelines? Nobody seems to deny there is fun to be had, but there was fun the last few years, but no way does this game warrant 60 bucks out of our pockets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2013, 11:28 PM   #22
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
It seems like all that was in 12 including the bad presentation and same commentary since 08. But how many years do we need to put up with cardboard cutout fans in the stand and motionless bodies on the sidelines? Nobody seems to deny there is fun to be had, but there was fun the last few years, but no way does this game warrant 60 bucks out of our pockets.
None of that was in 12. New physics engine, new ai for blocking( huge difference), new combo moves on right stick, new quick step on left stick, 100s of new plays that were in game but unusable which is a by product of the new blocking. Ive been in practice mode so no fans to look at. Other things about this game may kill it for me. But as far as just gameplay and xs and os, which is all I care about it has come along way. I struggled with 12 and 13. I might with this one but at least I see and feel huge change in the gameplay. I not even saying its a good game. Idk yet. ButI spent hundreds of hours in praftice mode the last few years becauee I didnt have fun in dynadty mode. And this feels so much better in so many ways in practice mode at least.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:31 PM   #23
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

I didn't play a single minute of the game last year, so I still might pick this up. Won't feel as stale and generic to me probably.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:36 PM   #24
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
I'm glad to see others confirming my feelings. I felt this same way with the demo, the glitches and stale game had me bored after 3 or 4 games on the demo. When I came on here to talk about how disappointed I was people said I was just raining on everyone's parade and that I just love to be negative. Really people were just gaga w/ the demo at first because it was an upgrade over last years game but this game is no where near as good as those people raving about it tried to make it seem.

It's a stale game and they try to cover the flaws with a band-aid when it needs stitches.
I encourage every constructive opinon to be stated, but in the end, the only opinion that matters is mine.

I'm still gaga over the demo and still playing it, longer than any EA football demo I've tried. That shouldn't diminish the opinion that I have.

For example, someone who feels different than I do, I respect that, my opinion isn't greater than someone else's and vice versa.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »