Home

IGN Review is up

This is a discussion on IGN Review is up within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2013, 11:37 PM   #25
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: IGN Review is up

I got bored playing the demo after a few days because this game is way too generic, I get tired to seeing the same old tackles, catches and situations every game, after playing this game for a week you will never get a wow Ive seen that before moment. And was when the last time they came up with new gameplay and control ideas, the game plays the exact same as it did on PS2, no innovation. I suppose it's hard to innovate when you spend 8 years playing catch just trying to get the basics down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2013, 11:44 PM   #26
Rookie

CHIEFxxROCKEM's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
I got bored playing the demo after a few days because this game is way too generic, I get tired to seeing the same old tackles, catches and situations every game, after playing this game for a week you will never get a wow Ive seen that before moment. And was when the last time they came up with new gameplay and control ideas, the game plays the exact same as it did on PS2, no innovation. I suppose it's hard to innovate when you spend 8 years playing catch just trying to get the basics down.
I had the John Elway helicopter animation happen to me before
Old 07-05-2013, 11:45 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm quite surprised. If my memory is correct, IGN and co. have given favorable reviews to the embarrassing garbage that was NCAA '08 through '13 on current gen. Most of them were horribly, miserably broken, yet they got decent or even good reviews nonetheless. From demo impressions, '14 seems to be far and away the best current gen version, and suddenly it's getting panned?

I'm not saying '14 is a good game (didn't play the demo, didn't buy '13, barely touched '12), I'm just wondering where these reviews were 5 years ago. Everyone knows '08 and '09 (and face it the rest after) deserved a huge turd for a ranking. Why the sudden honesty on the reviewers' part?

Last edited by jeeve; 07-05-2013 at 11:50 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:17 AM   #28
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9

Played one game of the demo, improved running game. Presentation for Audio and Visual seemed to take a step back.

Hopefully next year on the PS4 & Xbox1 they'll capture the College Football Atmosphere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blzftASduNc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek3yw6zADls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsHbCfgPA1c

Last edited by Step2001; 07-06-2013 at 12:26 AM.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:36 AM   #29
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

From the GS review:
Quote:
"Reading the defensive end's movement as your quarterback runs laterally works well, and it's satisfying to pitch the ball to your fullback just before you get laid out."
Wow, EA must have really gone the extra mile by inventing a style of option I've never heard of
Old 07-06-2013, 01:51 AM   #30
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
I got bored playing the demo after a few days because this game is way too generic, I get tired to seeing the same old tackles, catches and situations every game, after playing this game for a week you will never get a wow Ive seen that before moment.
I think that's where I'm at. I won't compare this game to other football games we have had in the past since that ship has sailed so I'll use baseball as an example.

I could play MLB the Show 10 times and still be seeing different things in game 11. There is just so much variety, flavor, bells and whistles, etc. NCAA football doesn't have that.

After you play one game, you've pretty much seen everything.

The game looks great but it doesn't have the feel or atmosphere it needs. Playing at Alabama feels no different than playing at Troy. Scoring a TD feels no different than getting a three yard gain. Beating your rival feels no different than beating a 1AA school.

The crowd doesn't get intense when they should, etc. Picking up a big 4th down feels no different than any other play.

Am I making sense here? The main thing about college football is the pageantry and atmosphere. This game has everything but that.

When you're Alabama and you play Southern Miss. the crow shouldn't be just the same as it is when your Alabama and you play Auburn.

EA really needs to work on this. Likewise, why can't they add something like rushing the field when you're an unranked mid-major that knocks off LSU or something? They don't have to add that specifically, I'm just throwing ideas out there.

Also, I wish they would program in something in which your defense starts defending plays better after the other person keeps running the same out route over and over again that is unarguable.

It's been this way for years in which there are a hand full of plays that are money.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder

Last edited by BigDofBA; 07-06-2013 at 01:56 AM.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:15 AM   #31
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
I played about 5 games and no longer have any desire to play it. It's not very much fun and gets boring after a while.

The online play is very choppy and play primarily online.

I just don't see myself playing this that much. Adding Maddens infinite engine wasn't really enough. It's too much of the same thing we've been playing.

I'll wait and see what next gen. has to offer but I hope those that purchase this enjoy it.

I've purchased every NCAA since 2002 BTW.
Well damn, if YOU say ur skipping out, now I'm a little concerned. You've been here probably as long as me.

And while I didnt buy last year, I was planning on buying this year.

At this point, I really don't care about anything else other than the gameplay being fun.....ctional
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2013, 02:17 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0

Idk. It felt like any normal NCAA game to me. Marginal upgrades here and there updated players. I honestly can say I didn't expect much there. Maybe that's why I'm not as disappointed as most. Far from perfect, but here's to next gen not sucking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »