Home

IGN Review is up

This is a discussion on IGN Review is up within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #49
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: IGN Review is up

I think I just played the demo too much. Now that I have the game it just feels stale. I guess I enjoyed the demo so much because the games were really quick, didn't have time to notice all the odd ai and bad weird animations. Love the running and blocking, but I guess it's just not enough to hold my interest. Not to mention the presentation is just awful imo. I'm going to play it some more, but the early access might've saved me money.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #50
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Again, it seems like if the presentation was better, we had some life on the sidelines instead of the yearly motionless players standing there, it would feel more like a college game. Simply getting the crowd more love too, getting them louder and use REAL college bands to play the songs. Someone go back to NCAA 2002 on the PS2, the fight songs have not changed! They are awful. Mind you, custom stadium sounds help significantly for this aspect, so keep that in mind if you want a better atmosphere. But for the visuals (not the gameplay itself) give us more life for the rest of the game. Make it truly look like a real NCAA game. It's all about presentation. When PS4 and XBOX1 come out, they should really be able to go all out on that, they just have to "Want" to.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #51
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I think I just played the demo too much. Now that I have the game it just feels stale. I guess I enjoyed the demo so much because the games were really quick, didn't have time to notice all the odd ai and bad weird animations. Love the running and blocking, but I guess it's just not enough to hold my interest. Not to mention the presentation is just awful imo. I'm going to play it some more, but the early access might've saved me money.
I think I did the same thing. I enjoyed the demo because like you said, the games were quick so it didn't seem repetitive. For some reason I felt like the final version would have a lot more to keep me busy.

I give EA props for trying to give us better line play by using the infinite engine. Sometimes it looks great. For example, I ran an ISO play from the two yard line and my RB put his head down, glided of his lineman, got low and fell into the end zone. It looked just like I would expect it to look. With that said, there are other times when the players trip over their feet and it looks ridiculous. At least EA is listening to us.

I think we can all agree the atmosphere needs serious work. I want to see a big difference when going to play at LSU as opposed to going to play at Tulsa. Also, big plays in the game should warrant louder and crazier fans.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 0

Have to say though, the line play is beautiful. For me, its just small things that would wrap up the package nice and neat. All I need is better camera angles, updated equipment, and some faces to go with the disembodied voices during half time and I'd be cool. I have to eat my words from my previous post when I stated the devs just aren't capable. They're close but they could use some motivation to get over that hump (thats better)

Its the small details that are lacking. There's also a few glitches that occur sometimes that don't really bother me. With that being said, I'm definitely not having a bad time at all. I dont love it, I dont hate it

Last edited by kingsofthevalley; 07-06-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:49 PM   #53
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

I really like the way the game plays so I'm buying. Getting Madden on PS4.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #54
Rookie

mattkellis's Arena

OVR: 0

I personally think the people that complain about gameplay/"feeling" are folks that play hours upon hours... dissecting everything and setting their expectations too high. NCAA '14 is legit for anyone that works/goes to school and does other activities, and then can sneak a few games in a week. Trying playing less often and keep the game fresh... any game can get boring after you spends hours playing it with no break.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:45 PM   #55
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkellis
I personally think the people that complain about gameplay/"feeling" are folks that play hours upon hours... dissecting everything and setting their expectations too high. NCAA '14 is legit for anyone that works/goes to school and does other activities, and then can sneak a few games in a week. Trying playing less often and keep the game fresh... any game can get boring after you spends hours playing it with no break.
Not saying anyone in years is like that but yeah too many go hard to find problems instead of enjoying the games.
The search for glitches is the crack of gaming.

In any case the game for me is pretty fun as a video game interpretation of the sport.
Just played a couple coach only games and had a blast.
If this gives me some real fun until Madden Next gen then it's worth it to me especially after seeing I was wrong about the CPU screen/sack issue.

And No I'm not saying people can't want more or want improvements. I'm simply saying all the searching for reason to throw your anti EA card on the table is pathetic.
We all want better games. Using a glitch or bad animation as your reason to "not buy again this year" just eludes me.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 07-06-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #56
Rookie

Lzydd's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkellis
Excuse me, your majesty, but this is probably the most condescending post I've ever read on any NCAA forum. For your information, I am a productive member of society, yet I can see after a couple of plays that zone coverage is still broken. Now, by "setting the bar too high" did you mean expecting zone coverage to be fixed after three years (I believe it was fine in '11)? Is competent pass coverage too highfalutin for a working man such as yourself?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »