Home

IGN Review is up

This is a discussion on IGN Review is up within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: IGN Review is up

I am surprised by the number of people who dislike IGN on here. I always thought they were pretty reliable
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #66
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearClaw
Stuck with NCAA 10 for 3 years so I'm hoping that the flat feeling is just for those who drove 12/13 into the ground.
I stopped playing 12 maybe a month after buying it and I skipped 13 so unfortunately skipping didn't make a difference. Still feels like the same game you've been playing the last 5 years.

Whats amazing is I had MLB the Show 12 and decided to get MLB the Show 13 this year (usually I take a year off in between only because I can never finish a year of my franchise in time) but I find MLB the Show 13 to be an improvement over 12 and i'm enjoying playing it more than 12. Same thing with NBA 2k. When a game is good you don't need to lower expectations just to find enjoyment out of it. Those games though consistently put out quality products while with NCAA Football i'm hoping this is the year they finally take the game to the next level.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by qhaislip
I am surprised by the number of people who dislike IGN on here. I always thought they were pretty reliable
I believe ign is the best reviewer when it comes to non sports games. They have always been lacking in the sports area by just slapping on undeserved scores.

This reviewer should handle all sports titles from now.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:47 PM   #68
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Ign has decent reviews sometimes. But their sports reviews IMO have always been too generous. This is the first time they probably reviewed this franchise accurately . Ign made me mad when they ruined their review archive all the way back to n64. It was an ultimate database of reviews A-Z for every console. Their insider actually meant something and the head to head videos were fantastic.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:04 PM   #69
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkellis
I personally think the people that complain about gameplay/"feeling" are folks that play hours upon hours... dissecting everything and setting their expectations too high. NCAA '14 is legit for anyone that works/goes to school and does other activities, and then can sneak a few games in a week. Trying playing less often and keep the game fresh... any game can get boring after you spends hours playing it with no break.
No, people who complain are those who are tired of seeing the same old stuff in the game for over 10 years, the same bugs, same presentation, same tackles, same catches, same controls, absolutely NO innovation or evolution in the game. It's easy to get bored with this game because we have seen it all before over the years.

Last edited by ghettogeeksta; 07-06-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #70
Pro

twinswinagain's Arena

OVR: 5

If money isnt an issue for some then to purchase 14 won't matter but to me $60 is to much when money is tight for a game that isnt as good in some areas. Like I said with the new rosters available for 13 its going to be more practical to keep 13 and save your money.
MINNESOTA TWINS
MINNESOTA VIKINGS
MINNESOTA WILD
Old 07-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Ign has decent reviews sometimes. But their sports reviews IMO have always been too generous. This is the first time they probably reviewed this franchise accurately . Ign made me mad when they ruined their review archive all the way back to n64. It was an ultimate database of reviews A-Z for every console. Their insider actually meant something and the head to head videos were fantastic.
Ah ok gotcha. Yeah I guess I never put too much weight in their reviews of NCAA Football and FIFA because I knew I was going to buy them no matter what IGN said. Call of Duty and other first person shooters are a different story though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #72
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

i do not have season ticket

but i have played the demo and its improved every game will have glitches for me the ability to finally play be teams like ga tech air force navy is a big selling point

turn commatnety off that what i will do

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »