Home

NCAA14 Player Progression

This is a discussion on NCAA14 Player Progression within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2013, 09:35 AM   #9
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NCAA14 Player Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher_0_3
2 thoughts:

1.) If it's just increased awareness across the board, that shouldn't change gameplay all that much nor sims. If it's actual attributes, that could become annoying

2.) Is this something that could be patched post release?
Ea wont fix this.. I dont see them patching it.

They actually made the Base Roster one of the better ones I have seen from EA.... but they forgot to fix the way the game creates future dynasty rosters, to keep that same balance.

Changing 50-100 Seniors that are rated under 90..... to up and over 90 will not change game play on any kind of level. (it's less than 1 player per team)

This whole thing will only really matter to those that plan to export a Draft Class to Madden, in the sense the 1st years export will be weak compared to future seasons.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:38 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

If this is true, and based on past history there is no reason to believe differently, then it's the same old, same old, and something that could be tested with a simple script beforehand, but God forbid they make sure their game is balanced.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #11
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10
I was worried about this when I saw that in my dynasty the average yearly jump was 5 points.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #12
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon46

Total # of players with a Overall Rating of.....
Rating- # on Base Roster / # on Year 2 Roster (avg)

99- 1 / 9
98- 0 / 3
97- 5 / 5
96- 5 / 9
95- 4 / 18
94- 7 / 28
93- 17 / 32
92- 24 / 37
91- 34 / 54
90- 57 / 88

Progression does not follow the example of the Starting Base Roster Build.
I actually ended up simming away all the "Base Roster/starting" players....
(7 seasons in)

Overall the games creates and progresses around 300 players that are rated 90+ overall's.

Now really that is not a crazy number, thinking it is not even 3 per team...and I could live with that.

The problem lies within the "Base" roster, it is rated with only 150 players rated with a 90+ overall.

Another telling Ratings stat (again, if this is even new to anyone other than EA..)

Speed is insane !!

We will just look at the Top few ratings...

Base Roster
Speed Rating
99= 1 player
98= 2
97= 4
96= 9

7 years in...
99= 10 players
98= 11
97= 27
96= 59

They just refuse to build this game's Dynasty Mode to resemble anything remotely close to reality.

So unless EA knows something we dont, like super speed increasing steroids are gonna be real and legal in 7 years.... then a ton of people will be running 4.3 and under in their 40's.

I just find it really weird that when they created the Roster for NCAA 14, they thought about 16 people should be rated 96 or faster in Speed.

But then they create a system, that in 7 years turns that number of players into 107 !

Or back to Overall's... They start with 150 players should be rated 90+ overall... But in 7 years it's 300+ !

I guess it could be worse? If they used their speed logic, it could be 1100+ rated 90+ for their overall's.... we should count our blessing's I suppose.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #13
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon46
I actually ended up simming away all the "Base Roster/starting" players....
(7 seasons in)

Overall the games creates and progresses around 300 players that are rated 90+ overall's.

Now really that is not a crazy number, thinking it is not even 3 per team...and I could live with that.

The problem lies within the "Base" roster, it is rated with only 150 players rated with a 90+ overall.

Another telling Ratings stat (again, if this is even new to anyone other than EA..)

Speed is insane !!

We will just look at the Top few ratings...

Base Roster
Speed Rating
99= 1 player
98= 2
97= 4
96= 9

7 years in...
99= 10 players
98= 11
97= 27
96= 59

They just refuse to build this game's Dynasty Mode to resemble anything remotely close to reality.

So unless EA knows something we dont, like super speed increasing steroids are gonna be real and legal in 7 years.... then a ton of people will be running 4.3 and under in their 40's.

I just find it really weird that when they created the Roster for NCAA 14, they thought about 16 people should be rated 96 or faster in Speed.

But then they create a system, that in 7 years turns that number of players into 107 !

Or back to Overall's... They start with 150 players should be rated 90+ overall... But in 7 years it's 300+ !

I guess it could be worse? If they used their speed logic, it could be 1100+ rated 90+ for their overall's.... we should count our blessing's I suppose.
Incredibly dissapointing but not surprising. I doubt this is a game I'll be able to play year round with several dynasty play throughs, because of stuff like this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »