Home

Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #137
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14)

What I've actually had some frustration with early on is I usually target 3-5 ATH's when I start with a small school and their PT bonus/grades fluctuate too, even when their skills don't appear to be in conflict with one other (i.e. 2 projected DB's, etc.)

Also, I've encountered what may be a glitch (but may not be) when you move a player up or down on your board manually it may suddenly hit you with a dealbreaker on that player that wasn't there before.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #138
MVP

OVR: 8

Was the recruiting difficulty option taken out of the game? I started a test online dynasty last night and never saw the option to set recruiting difficulty.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #139
Rookie

JoedicyMichael's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
Was the recruiting difficulty option taken out of the game? I started a test online dynasty last night and never saw the option to set recruiting difficulty.
It is my understanding that the recruiting difficulty is based of what GAME difficulty your playing on.. I am not for sure on this, but this is what ive read around the forum.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:37 PM   #140
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoedicyMichael
It is my understanding that the recruiting difficulty is based of what GAME difficulty your playing on.. I am not for sure on this, but this is what ive read around the forum.
Thanks a lot......It was driving me crazy not finding it.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #141
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricFreakingBerry
To the few people in this thread that have suggested to fill out your recruiting board to get the bonuses for all 35 players, have you also realized you're damaging the bonuses of the Top 10-15 players you REALLY want? I was just messing around last night (first night with the game) and started with 1-star San Jose State.

I added players to my board (I think I added 28 at first) and planned to scout some while targeting 10-12 guys with a point barrage while finding gems, cutting & replacing, etc. (which was my 2013 strategy)

However, what I noticed was the PLAYING TIME grade especially would DROP significantly for my top tier targets if I had 2-3 other players from that position targeted as "backups" on my board, which limited the bonuses the primary target was getting.

So I would highly suggest using only about a 15 man recruiting board with 10 guys getting most of the attention (only 1 or at most 2 from one position, regardless of how many you need), get visits and get a commitment as quickly as possible, then add unrecruited players to your board even if you are trying to recruit multiple players at one position.

You can still find the low % locked players and find some talent there instead of worrying about the small recruiting bonus those spots are giving you when you don't allocate them points. If those players are getting *recruited* at all by the CPU, those bonuses aren't doing crap for you.
Wow - i didn't realize this. Thanks for the tip. Time to slim the board down again.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #142
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricFreakingBerry
It's actually all targets. They see other players on the board and if they care about playing time the grade can take a dip. When you remove/add other player targets from your board who are same position, the player's grades goes back up or down in real-time. Just test it. You'll see players who care about PT's grade fluctuate based on what you do with the board.
I'll check it out, but im fairly certain it is not supposed to work that way.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #143
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
Yeah it's gone. However, this causes recruiting difficulty to be based on how prestigious your program is and how good of a coach you are rather than an actual difficulty setting, which to me makes the game more realistic.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #144
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategizer
I'll check it out, but im fairly certain it is not supposed to work that way.
I ended up in a scenario where I only needed (per game guidelines and offensive/defensive playbooks) about 5 players. But obviously, as a 1-star school I wanted to over-recruit to override some lower talent on my team and was at least trying to replace positions with *departing seniors.*

I definitely had a few positions (I'll test more tonight) where the grade raised or dropped depending on what I did with the recruiting board. I know for sure I had 4 team RB's with 1 departing SR (the position though wasn't a requirement to fill) but I wanted to at least carry 4 RB's. So I put 2 backs on the board to fight for my scholarship based on scouting. When I checked through my bonuses the playing time was like a D grade for both backs. When I removed the lower rated back after a scouting session, the higher rated back saw better PT and the grade/bonus went back up.

I actually kind of like the idea of this, but it just takes some getting used to and some testing to see the dynamic shifting of the grades.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »