Home

Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVizions
I have to say, recruiting in '14 is MUCH more difficult than in previous versions. I like that it's more difficult and seems to produce more realistic results, but I'm frustrated that my classes are so small. Maybe I need to adjust my strategy, because the same strategies that I've been using to dominate recruiting in years past is definitely not working so far.
It will take some getting use your class will get bigger when you have the insta commit coaching skill.You are forced to go after some lower rated recruits and more people in your pipeline this year.Recruiting this year rightful favors big schools with big time recruiting coaches plus small school are do a good job of going after that one good player.If you are not careful your recruiting board get decimated
Old 07-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVizions
I have to say, recruiting in '14 is MUCH more difficult than in previous versions. I like that it's more difficult and seems to produce more realistic results, but I'm frustrated that my classes are so small. Maybe I need to adjust my strategy, because the same strategies that I've been using to dominate recruiting in years past is definitely not working so far.
I don't think it's more difficult, honestly. It is different and has a learning curve but once you get over that curve and implement a good strategy, it is easy. That has been my experience so far.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I only focus on like 15-18 guys and I go hard after 12 of them. I don't usually play as a recruiting powerhouse so this tactic has paid off for me many times
THIS.

Don't fall for the "35" nonsense on the recruiting board. Once I have a lot of commits, I then search for players who aren't locking out recruiters in the later weeks of the year to steal during the offseason.

Granted, I'm ND, so my skill tree's almost maxed out...

Had the #1 class year 1, and year 2 entering Conf. Championship games, I have 8, 5, 1, 0, 0 for 14 total (stars from high to low).

The master tip: do NOT go after more than 12 or 15 players, and go after them hard.

Last edited by Fuimus Troes; 07-06-2013 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Typo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuimus Troes

The master tip: do NOT go after more than 12 or 15 players, and go after them hard.
Agree 100%
Old 07-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #13
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

I start with 20 guys.. I stay in my realm with only prospects in my pipeline going after needs then I look for guys interested out of my pipeline to fill the rest of my board. I scout my 20 players and rearrange my board.. From here I give the first 5 Guys on my board 500 points a week and go down to 300 for the next 5 guys and 200 on the rest with left over points I offer schollys and scout slowly if I haven't fully scouted.

I have had 31 class in te nation, and 88 class with low rated program.. The reason I got a 31st class was thanks to a few high star prospects receiving no interest from schools later on in the year I gunned for them and got them.. I'm pulling in 10-15 3 star prospects a year and slowly getting 4 and 5 stars.. 1 to two a year if lucky..

I just got a head coach job at 1 star duke so starting from the ground again lol..
Old 07-06-2013, 04:02 PM   #14
Just started!

OVR: 0

I am midway through the 1st season with Army. I chose to be an OC. The logic here is this... if you start with smaller school be OC or DC that way you can rely on your HC for recruiting help. If you start with a bigger school where recruiting is easier you can probably go ahead and be the head coach. So far with Army I am number 1 on the top 2 players in the country and then I am working hard on other guys that already want to come to Army which is actually some good players. I am taking the old school approach of working my way up to a top job. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 3

Does anyone know if the computer uses the rest of your points that you don't use each week?

I.E, I'm running my OC dynasty, and only want to recruit offensive players. I leave computer assistance ON for all of board, visits, and scholarships. I choose my 10 offensive players and let the computer fill in the board with defense. Every week I go through my offensive guys (removing the offensive players the computer keeps adding), and am always left between 2,000-3,000 points every week. Anyone know if the computer is using those remaining points towards the defensive players that are left?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #16
Rookie

I know this is off-topic but:

How long is recruiting taking everybody, compared to past next-gen versions?

I've really, really been hoping it has been streamlined, and that the interface doesn't lag, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »