Home

Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #193
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14)

Need help!!

I started an offline team builder dynasty and I am well in to my first season. But I noticed that my playing style tendencies are all D-??????.........I wanted to know why is that because it is hurting me in recruiting. I have the top passing offense in the country but it is still reading D-.... why is that?!?

If anybody can help with this annoying problem it will be well appreciated!
Old 07-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #194
Banned

steveANARCHY's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCat55
Need help!!

I started an offline team builder dynasty and I am well in to my first season. But I noticed that my playing style tendencies are all D-??????.........I wanted to know why is that because it is hurting me in recruiting. I have the top passing offense in the country but it is still reading D-.... why is that?!?

If anybody can help with this annoying problem it will be well appreciated!
You have to perform well in games. For example, if you want a scrambling qb make sure you run current qb runs a lot. If you want a pocket passer throw a lot. Unlike balanced players so i usually recruit only balanced players. But if your a 1* school take whoever will sign with you, you can cu the weakest links in the off season. I think the game tells you what you need to do to improve that rating. It's under my school in recruiting.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #195
Banned

steveANARCHY's Arena

I meant I like balanced players. except RB I like speed backs!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #196
Just started!

Quote:
You have to perform well in games. For example, if you want a scrambling qb make sure you run current qb runs a lot. If you want a pocket passer throw a lot. Unlike balanced players so i usually recruit only balanced players. But if your a 1* school take whoever will sign with you, you can cu the weakest links in the off season. I think the game tells you what you need to do to improve that rating. It's under my school in recruiting.

Steve thanks for the help!....But in the Recruiting (My School Tab) when I select playing style every category reads "D-". How is that possible?.. I am in week 12 and I should have at least some type of ranking out of the 120+ schools in the game.

For ex.( I average over 360 passing yards a game which is first in the country. But in the playing style tendencies area it still say D-)

Do you think it is because I using a Team Builder and not a real team?
Old 07-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #197
Banned

steveANARCHY's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCat55
Steve thanks for the help!....But in the Recruiting (My School Tab) when I select playing style every category reads "D-". How is that possible?.. I am in week 12 and I should have at least some type of ranking out of the 120+ schools in the game.

For ex.( I average over 360 passing yards a game which is first in the country. But in the playing style tendencies area it still say D-)

Do you think it is because I using a Team Builder and not a real team?
Team builder could have something to do with it. Yeah you're right ur ratings should be going up in some areas. Could be a glitch
Old 07-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #198
Just started!

Quote:
Team builder could have something to do with it. Yeah you're right ur ratings should be going up in some areas. Could be a glitch

I figured so.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #199
Rookie

After reading many of the posts it sounds like in order to sign recruits you need to give them the full 500 points. What do you do about scouting then?
Old 07-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #200
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

The more I do this recruiting, the less I like it. Don't get me wrong, I like the set up and the idea behind the system. I even like the difficulty. Here is the problem; time. The game puts WAY too much emphasis on late visits and that results in late commits. Teams are rolling into the offseason with less than 10 commits. In reality, most teams are nearly finished with their classes by this point. Signing day is just a time to add a few marquee recruits or a few guys that waited to make their decision. A lot of top teams are already half done with their classes and it is only summer. I really think that is what this game needs; a summer recruiting period. If we had that coupled with the way the recruiting system is now, I think it'd be pretty good. But the way it stands, once you realize you've lost out on recruits, there is no time to make it up and find back up plans. It is not very realistic at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »