Home

PS3 Jaggies

This is a discussion on PS3 Jaggies within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #65
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PS3 Jaggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreneel
This thread brings up a interesting topic. Which system will be the lead console for developing next gen? Will the games be ported over or made from the bottom up on each console?
I doubt it will really matter Next Gen because of the similarities in specs (to a point) and the architecture.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #66
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

There is no merit to jaggies being caused by tv settings. If that was the case then NCAA 11 and Madden 13 would look bad on my tv also, but that's not the case. Those two games look great while NCAA 14 is full of jaggies and blury.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
Oh it was not. The PS3 actually can outperform the 360, but the problem is, as others have stated, that EA develops for the 360 and ports it to the PS3 and whatever isn't the lead platform is going to suffer. You can't compare PC specs to console hardware, the two are in vastly different leagues.
actually they cancel each other out with the ps3 having the better cpu whereas the 360 has the better gpu with 10 MB eDRAM
Old 07-07-2013, 11:27 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
There is no merit to jaggies being caused by tv settings. If that was the case then NCAA 11 and Madden 13 would look bad on my tv also, but that's not the case. Those two games look great while NCAA 14 is full of jaggies and blury.
I can sit here and in seconds make those jaggies look terrible or almost not noticeable. So you are right, the tv does not CAUSE the jaggies but the display options can either enhance them or get rid of them to a degree. So if this problem is causing anyone grief, give it a shot before you live with it.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:45 PM   #69
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Oh it was not. The PS3 actually can outperform the 360, but the problem is, as others have stated, that EA develops for the 360 and ports it to the PS3 and whatever isn't the lead platform is going to suffer. You can't compare PC specs to console hardware, the two are in vastly different leagues.
That's what a lot of people don't seem to understand. If the game was made on the PS3 and than ported over, it would be the same thing on the 360. The only reason the games are done like that is because the 360 is the easier console to make cross-platform games on (which is not the case for the next-gen).

But, as I've said in the past, I've personally never had issues with jaggies on the PS3.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 07-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #70
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBetheaX
actually they cancel each other out with the ps3 having the better cpu whereas the 360 has the better gpu with 10 MB eDRAM
Well you're welcome to that opinion, but the PS3, when coded for properly, can produce a much better graphical show than the 360.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #71
Rookie

swaggedout's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Well you're welcome to that opinion, but the PS3, when coded for properly, can produce a much better graphical show than the 360.
I agree. I feel that cross platform games look better on the 360, but the exclusive games look way better on the PS3. By the way, I own both games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #72
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
That's what a lot of people don't seem to understand. If the game was made on the PS3 and than ported over, it would be the same thing on the 360. The only reason the games are done like that is because the 360 is the easier console to make cross-platform games on (which is not the case for the next-gen).

But, as I've said in the past, I've personally never had issues with jaggies on the PS3.
Exactly. It all depends what you're used to. If you do a lot of PC gaming with high levels of filtering you're gonna be throwing a fit over any console game's jaggies. It's just a bit more pronounced on the PS3 for the reasons stated already. I'm used to it by now so I just ignore it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »