Home

Tackling stats

This is a discussion on Tackling stats within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
Rookie

Maverick09's Arena

OVR: 3
Tackling stats

So I've played quite a few games in my ODU dynasty, and have noticed the user played games record a lot more solo tackles than simulated games. As a result, my team has three players who lead the nation in solo tackles. This was a similar issue in last years game as well.

Assisted tackles seem to be recorded occasionally, the most I've seen so far is 2 by my MLB in a game of 8 min quarters. There are just too many instances where players are put in a situation of making solo tackles.

EA could implement two fixes for this:

1) Scrap the assisted tackle stat altogether.

2) Increase the amount of solo tackles in simulated games.

Anyone have other thoughts on this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Tackling stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick09
So I've played quite a few games in my ODU dynasty, and have noticed the user played games record a lot more solo tackles than simulated games. As a result, my team has three players who lead the nation in solo tackles. This was a similar issue in last years game as well.

Assisted tackles seem to be recorded occasionally, the most I've seen so far is 2 by my MLB in a game of 8 min quarters. There are just too many instances where players are put in a situation of making solo tackles.

3) lower tackle slider = more missed or assisted tackles, gang tackles
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 07-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #3
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
3) lower tackle slider = more missed or assisted tackles, gang tackles
Lower it to what ? The assisted tackle works on Human but doesn't register with the CPU.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:42 AM   #4
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:

This is a big problem in my opinion and I am actually quite shocked that more people haven't brought this up. While I have only had the opportunity to play two games, with the tackle slider lowered all the way to 25 I have seen a total of one assisted tackle recorded. If you play multiple games in your dynasty, the tackles stats for your players will be drmatically different than the rest of the players in the country.

I agree that the stat should just be scraped for this game as it's only purpose truly seems to be for simulated stats but I doubt that will happen. I suppose unless you're a stats freak though, it won't be perceived as a big issue.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 07-08-2013, 01:16 PM   #5
Rookie

Maverick09's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSapp757
This is a big problem in my opinion and I am actually quite shocked that more people haven't brought this up. While I have only had the opportunity to play two games, with the tackle slider lowered all the way to 25 I have seen a total of one assisted tackle recorded. If you play multiple games in your dynasty, the tackles stats for your players will be drmatically different than the rest of the players in the country.

I agree that the stat should just be scraped for this game as it's only purpose truly seems to be for simulated stats but I doubt that will happen. I suppose unless you're a stats freak though, it won't be perceived as a big issue.
I just hate seeing all my players at the top of the NCAA in the tackle stats. If the game can't record the stat properly, it should be scrapped.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #6
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

You are correct. Tackling stats on Sims was too low since a long time. But since they added the assisted tackles, is worse.

Iīm tired of seeing new extra features that donīt work. Why they keep adding things without fixing the old ones? i donīt know.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #7
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Assist tackles r a real part of the game so they dnt need to scrap it. They need to kome wit a day one patch to have it record right. U have players in on plays togather and that hard wrk counts for something. I dnt have the game yet but if its having to many solo plays thats not realistic because every year u have a player with 60 or a littke mire on thoses and total have like 152. Just a rough draft. But assist plays a part in OVR tackles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »