Home

Coach mode impressions

This is a discussion on Coach mode impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2013, 10:36 PM   #49
Rookie

dre1919's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Coach mode impressions

I wasn't sure if this was the right place to ask but it seemed somewhat appropriate. Does anyone know if you become a coordinator and build you coach up, then become a Head Coach somewhere, do you take the tree you built for you with you? I thought I heard something about this in some of the pre release videos, but I don't know (and I'm not sure how that would work). I was thinking it lent a lot of value to starting in a dynasty as a coordinator, especially since the head coach's tree is much different. But, again, if you start out as a DC and become a HC somewhere, how would you bring your DC talents with you to the guy there if that guy is someone else?

Thanks,
Andrew
Old 07-11-2013, 10:44 PM   #50
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre1919
I wasn't sure if this was the right place to ask but it seemed somewhat appropriate. Does anyone know if you become a coordinator and build you coach up, then become a Head Coach somewhere, do you take the tree you built for you with you? I thought I heard something about this in some of the pre release videos, but I don't know (and I'm not sure how that would work). I was thinking it lent a lot of value to starting in a dynasty as a coordinator, especially since the head coach's tree is much different. But, again, if you start out as a DC and become a HC somewhere, how would you bring your DC talents with you to the guy there if that guy is someone else?

Thanks,
Andrew
Might give this thread a shot: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ree-guide.html
Old 07-11-2013, 10:51 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 8

I canned 13 last year cause the QB's were way too accurate when playing on auto pass and regular coach mode and QB ratings didn't seem to matter. Any idea if the passing game in coach mode and auto pass is realistic as far as completion percentages for this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2013, 07:57 AM   #52
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
At halftime of my first game. I'm coaching UVA on the road against my Noles on default AA, 6-minute quarters. We lead 14-10. Here are the halftime numbers...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373630231.523117.jpg
Old 07-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #53
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

never used coach mode in any game ever, but this year I'm so serous about using it, guess because I'm getting old and would just like to call plays and see how my team does.

So is coach mode just about picking plays and seeing your team play them out?

And that's all to you?
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 07-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #54
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
never used coach mode in any game ever, but this year I'm so serous about using it, guess because I'm getting old and would just like to call plays and see how my team does.

So is coach mode just about picking plays and seeing your team play them out?

And that's all to you?
That's pretty much it.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #55
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
Any thought to what sliders to use? I like Varsity offense (thank you EA for separate difficulties for O and D) and I'm thinking of trying NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders when I get home from work today. Varsity O and Heisman D.
My opinion regarding sliders is that there is no one best slider set - it depends upon how you want to play the game. My recommendation for you is to make a simple spreadsheet so that you can record different slider settings under different combinations of Difficulty settings. Then, experiment with making large slider adjustments to see how they impact play for you. Slider impact will vary depending upon the Difficulty level.

Ultimately, you will want to consider making Roster ratings changes because they can have more impact than just changing sliders.

It all takes time, but the results are worth the investment.

One last point - also consider what play modes you are going to use - for example, you might want different settings for a User/User game than for a User/CPU game.

Have Fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #56
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Anyone else noticing the user option plays working a little too much and it makes it tough because raising the run coverage slider for the CPU negates normal running plays. Do you guys know when ncaa first had a coach mode

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »