Home

Which offense do you prefer to use?

This is a discussion on Which offense do you prefer to use? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2013, 05:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Which offense do you prefer to use?

To run in dynasty. the spread? Pro style? Air raid? Do you usually run what your team runs in real life or go with your own?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 05:32 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Which offense do you prefer to use?

Pro style.......ALSO, I can't post new threads yet and I need help!

When I run the option I always see a "P" above a certain defender, whether it's the opposing teams END, OLB, or SAFETY. I understand this is the guy I need to watch when running it and decide whether to pitch or not, BUT why in the HELL is the player with the "P" NEVER, EVER blocked? I could have a lineman directly in front of him, but he is NEVER blocked. Just seems really unrealistic.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:41 PM   #3
Rookie

AustinMG82's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTF2486
Pro style.......ALSO, I can't post new threads yet and I need help!

When I run the option I always see a "P" above a certain defender, whether it's the opposing teams END, OLB, or SAFETY. I understand this is the guy I need to watch when running it and decide whether to pitch or not, BUT why in the HELL is the player with the "P" NEVER, EVER blocked? I could have a lineman directly in front of him, but he is NEVER blocked. Just seems really unrealistic.
Linemen won't block the Read or Pitch man bbecause the QB makes the read off of them and their movements/actions. OL are taught to absolutely NEVER touch the player being read
Old 07-31-2013, 05:42 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMG82
Linemen won't block the Read or Pitch man bbecause the QB makes the read off of them and their movements/actions. OL are taught to absolutely NEVER touch the player being read
COPY THAT. Thank you, sir.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:44 PM   #5
Rookie

Tha_Mac's Arena

OVR: 5

I prefer the spread offense but not the spread option. I like to throw from my spread slants, ins, corners, streaks and some screens.

I like the pro style offense as well but it has to be like USC's pro style offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 06:13 PM   #6
Pro

zukes's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMG82
Yeah, kinda the whole point of the read option, allows you to outnumber the defenders, one less person to block
Old 07-31-2013, 06:28 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 5

I prefer the spread option offense.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:29 PM   #8
Rookie

jejones's Arena

OVR: 0

I have two dynasties and one I use USC's pro offense. It's a true pro offense. I'm also obsessed with the pistol with ball state. I watched ball state a few years ago and they ran the pistol and it seemed really interesting. Good for running or passing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »