Home

User Controlled Player Movement (Slowdown or Hesitation)

This is a discussion on User Controlled Player Movement (Slowdown or Hesitation) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #1
Rookie

JakeReaves's Arena

OVR: 0
User Controlled Player Movement (Slowdown or Hesitation)

When I take control of the player, he damn near stops for a split second before running. If I let the cpu control my player, there is no hesitation, or no speed lost. I will have to play on coach mode if there's no way around this.
When I make a handoff my RB will be running at a natural speed, then when I take over the controls and press any direction whatsoever, he completely stops and has to gain his top end speed and momentum again. This is a gamekiller because I get tackled from behind by a player that wouldn't have caught me. It happens on passes as well. I throw a slant or a go and my receiver will catch it in stride, full speed, behind the last defender, then I'll press the UP direction on the analog and guess what - he comes to a complete stop (for a tenth of a second) before he continues. It's beyond frustrating.

Any way around this (besides letting the cpu play the entire game for me)??

(PS3)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #2
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: User Controlled Player Movement (Slowdown or Hesitation)

Do you have video of this? The only thing I can think of is if you are making a cut as soon as you take control then yes, you would lose a step...it doesn't seem like this is what you are talking about though.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #3
MVP

Shadow's Arena

OVR: 11

I am experiencing the same hesitation in my rtg. It's definitely weird to say the least haha.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
Rookie

jejones's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
I am experiencing the same hesitation in my rtg. It's definitely weird to say the least haha.
Another Trojan fan!!! Woot woot!!!
Old 07-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #5
MVP

Shadow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jejones
Another Trojan fan!!! Woot woot!!!

Been some long hard years man!! haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #6
MVP

Shadow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeReaves
When I take control of the player, he damn near stops for a split second before running. If I let the cpu control my player, there is no hesitation, or no speed lost. I will have to play on coach mode if there's no way around this.
When I make a handoff my RB will be running at a natural speed, then when I take over the controls and press any direction whatsoever, he completely stops and has to gain his top end speed and momentum again. This is a gamekiller because I get tackled from behind by a player that wouldn't have caught me. It happens on passes as well. I throw a slant or a go and my receiver will catch it in stride, full speed, behind the last defender, then I'll press the UP direction on the analog and guess what - he comes to a complete stop (for a tenth of a second) before he continues. It's beyond frustrating.

Any way around this (besides letting the cpu play the entire game for me)??

(PS3)

Only move your LS after your ball carrier receives the pass or hand off. Move the LS after the CPU starts his running motion and you will avoid the hesitation.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #7
Rookie

JakeReaves's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
Only move your LS after your ball carrier receives the pass or hand off. Move the LS after the CPU starts his running motion and you will avoid the hesitation.
LS= Left Analog stick Up ?

I will try this. Let the cpu start running first is what you're saying I think. I've tried that but I'm probably too impatient to actually let the cpu get into their full motion. I will try this and give you an update. #fingersCrossed
Old 07-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #8
Banned

had the same problem with a handoff in the backfield, player just stopped like there is a delay between the controller and game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »