Home

NCAA 14 CPU vs CPU Impressions

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 CPU vs CPU Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2013, 07:13 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo614
Thirdly, and this is a huge concern for me; But Alabama shouldn't be struggling to beat Western KY.
There's not enough difference between the elite and the bottom dwellers.
Maybe if you're only viewing your team, you don't notice it. But if you're viewing every game like I do, you see far too many upsets.
I definitely gotta disagree with you there. I just watched Georgia St lose to Tulsa 13-45 and now we're on the road losing to Oregon 6-37. I'm on default AA (which I NEVER do in CPU vs CPU) so maybe that's my issue.

-Edit-
It's now 6-44 and there are 10 minutes remaining in the game (7 minute qtrs).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by NoleFan; 07-27-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2013, 08:35 PM   #42
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NCAA 14 CPU vs CPU Impressions

I've been working on a set of sliders to use or CPU vs CPU and coach mode. I think I found some. I've been testing them in a dynasty with teambuilder teams. I've built mine to a 90 overall and against inferior teams my team has dominated. Now I need to start a dynasty with a mediocre/decent team in a power conference and see what results I get with truly good teams.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 07-28-2013, 02:30 AM   #43
Rookie

user_pick's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey guys,

I didn't realize there were so many CPU vs CPU players out there! A few buddies of mine in college had a drinking game where we would pick equal teams (usually on madden) pick sides and drink when the following would happen:

Whole beer: opp team scores TD, opp team scores 50+ yd FG, your team miss FG -30 yd.

Half beer: opp team scores FG -50 yds, your team loses a fumble, your team throws int, your team TO on downs, community halftime drink.

3 drinks: your QB is sacked.

2 drinks: your team fumbles and recovers, your team is tackled for a loss.

1 drink: opp team 10+ yd rush (+1 drink per additional 10 yds), opp team 20+ yd reception (+1 drink per additional 10 yds), opp team first down, your team punts, your team commits penalty.

It was quite the gameday atmosphere, especially after the first game loosened us up.

Anyway, I started up a CPU v CPU dynasty at UTEP with Head Coach Willie Beamin. That's right, THE Steamin' Willie Beamin! Using the Oregon playbook I have had a lot of fun in the few games I've played so far.

I'm using SEC3lite's sliders with 0 threshold and adjusted penalty sliders to get some realism. 9 minute quarters on AA. I had played a few games using only non-penalty sliders and it was ok. With the penalty sliders (which I will post later on . . . I'm at work right now) the gameplay has been unbelievable. Against an FCS team my dual threat QB had 220 passing yards and 110 rushing yards for 3 TDs. Considering UTEP is a suck program I am pretty happy with that.

So far I'm 4-0 and going up against La Tech next. I'll keep ya posted.

Last edited by user_pick; 07-28-2013 at 02:33 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Had my run with coach mode and realized why I changed to CPU vs CPU earlier this year in the first place!
Old 08-01-2013, 06:18 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Feel like I just got EA'ed in the last game of the season. Two 3-8 teams. We go up 21-3 in the third. USA score to make it 21-10. Cool. Ronnie Bell comes out and tosses dang near consecutive Ints on WR screens and they both go for 6. Down 24-21. We go up 28-24 then he kills our chances with pick no 3. This is a 90 Ovr QB with a 97 Awr that had a great half to just go cold and make STUPID decisions.

Oh well, 3-9 for year 3. On to year 4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #46
Rookie

mjh4025's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
Feel like I just got EA'ed in the last game of the season. Two 3-8 teams. We go up 21-3 in the third. USA score to make it 21-10. Cool. Ronnie Bell comes out and tosses dang near consecutive Ints on WR screens and they both go for 6. Down 24-21. We go up 28-24 then he kills our chances with pick no 3. This is a 90 Ovr QB with a 97 Awr that had a great half to just go cold and make STUPID decisions.

Oh well, 3-9 for year 3. On to year 4.
Hey Nole are you on default AA with your cpu vs cpu dynasty? If so what speed setting? I thought about starting a cpu vs. cpu dynasty with Georgia State. I just don't want to play the slider game this year.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh4025
Hey Nole are you on default AA with your cpu vs cpu dynasty? If so what speed setting? I thought about starting a cpu vs. cpu dynasty with Georgia State. I just don't want to play the slider game this year.
I'm on default AA. Speed and all set to default.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Deleted - 10 char

Last edited by NoleFan; 08-03-2013 at 03:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »