Home

Online Ranked (Unranked) Defense???

This is a discussion on Online Ranked (Unranked) Defense??? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-08-2013, 08:45 AM   #1
Rookie

tan_man's Arena

OVR: 2
Online Ranked (Unranked) Defense???

Ok guys

So I know what I am asking for when playing online ranked games. More than not, we get a cheese fest. Right??

Well I am 14-7 online. I play straight as much as my opponent does.

Is anyone having a hard time stopping people on defense? It seems like every game I play is a shoot out. I literally had a guy last night go 23-24 passing for 400 yards and my CBs just watched the WRs while eating pop corn.

I can't stop anyone and if I do it's because of a fumble or a awesome user catch by me.

Defense is just atrocious.

What are you all using to slow down the option plays?

People are gashing me with options and everyone seems to be slowing down my option game big time.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by tan_man; 07-08-2013 at 08:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Online Ranked (Unranked) Defense???

Vs users(no sliders), defense has been horrible since 2010. It's been the same animations/coverage for a long time. The only thing that has changed was defenders slightly adjusting their position based on if a player runs in their zone and off coverage players not instantly tracking the ball. You can't play a stingy defense online, it's just not gonna happen especially with them improving the option. The AI is severely lacking on D as always. I've been Joe Montana, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady put together for years vs ranked. It's not be cause I'm that good, it's because I've seen it 1000's of times and I know exactly how the CPU players move and react. I'll say it again, a little bit of randomness would help a lot, because it sucks when you know exactly how players react and move. Sure a guy in a yellow zone guards that given area, but does he have to move exactly the same each time in the exact same spot?

Last edited by thehardknoxlife; 07-08-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

putting the DE in contain using the hot route and placing a LB as a spy seems to help against the option.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #4
Rookie

tan_man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBinnzer
putting the DE in contain using the hot route and placing a LB as a spy seems to help against the option.
Interesting

Thanks for the advice
Old 07-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #5
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Yup, I cannot stop the pass at all. I've seen a play where the receiver literally twisted in the air against my DB and magically got in position for the catch.
I am also having a hard time usering because i'm not use to the movement and the weighted feel of the players yet. Even when i click on to make a play, my defender reacts soooooo slowly.

However, I've been able to really contain the read option every game so far.
To stop the read option, run CB Dogs out of the 4-3 Over. With the corners blitzing it shuts down the outside run by the QB while the D front takes care of the RB dive to the middle. The best part about it is that they dont even see it coming because it's the outside corners that are blitzing and they are trying to read the DE. Sometimes they can get about 5-6 yards if they cut inside with the QB but if you have speedy corners they can still get there quickly and i'll take a 5 yrd gain over a big play anyday.

Of course it's risk/reward with this though. You are giving up the outside pass to the WRs so use it wisely.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #6
Rookie

tan_man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I am also having a hard time usering because i'm not use to the movement and the weighted feel of the players yet. Even when i click on to make a play, my defender reacts soooooo slowly.
Exactly. I win most of my games due to stick skills but usering the defender has a weird weighty feeling keeps me from playing like before.

Thanks for the option contain advice!
Old 07-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #7
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tan_man
Exactly. I win most of my games due to stick skills but usering the defender has a weird weighty feeling keeps me from playing like before.

Thanks for the option contain advice!
After two games online. I might have underestimated how long it is going to take me to adjust to NCAA 14 feel. In one part of me likes how safeties can no longer take false steps and recover as fast.

Just loss 2 games in a row to the same guy. Stopping the run in 3-4 has been nearly impossible. Then again it may be the Dlines Ive played with Cal(me) vs UF, Neb(me) vs Clem. 4-4 seemed to do the trick other wise he'd just call a basic power run then bounce to the outside.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:33 PM   #8
Rookie

thisisasticup's Arena

OVR: 3

Use the "adjustments" to stop the read option. As well as different dline schemes/stunts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »