Home

Day one patch

This is a discussion on Day one patch within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #105
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Day one patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSmerg
RE: Game is broken...these are my own experiences so far with NCAA 14 (on Xbox 360).

Demo released, couldn't play a single game up until Season Ticket release. Why? Every game of every match up combination locked up my Xbox at the game loading screen. Righty-o then.

Season Ticket was here. Uninstall demo, download early release. D'oh! I'm in Canada so had to wait until the morning of Saturday July 6th before the Season Ticket release would even unlock, not Friday the 5th afternoon. Righty-o then.

Saturday morning with some college football. Cool! Download my Teambuilder team from last year. Nice! Get my dynasty rolling. Nice, nice! Stock sliders, not so nice, but nothing new there. Drop into OS here and see what our slider cooks have been working on. Load up some sliders. Game plays much more realistic. Nice, nice nice! Get to week 4 of my dynasty, game locks up my Xbox on the loading screen. D'oh!

Sunday, have some of my gang that plays EA football over so we can give it whirl. Nice! Go to play an exhibition game. Locks my Xbox up at the loading screen (Miami @ Michigan was the match up). D'oh! Restart and load up another exhibition matchup...Michigan @ Navy...gotta check out the option game I say. Locks my Xbox up at the loading screen. D'oh! Restart and try a random exhibtition game. Can't remember the matchup but again, locks up my Xbox at the loading screen. Download 2 of our Teambuilder teams from last year. That match up plays. Nice!

Freeze issue yet to be addressed on 360 for me in both the demo and pre-release tends to say that the game is broken in it's current form to this guy. Shame too because it plays pretty nicely with some early tweaking.

Same boat here mate.

Download demo 4 times & locks my xBox on every attempt on the loading screen.

Download early release & locks my xBox on 90% of attempt on loading screen.

If I go through with the retail purchase I fully expect it to lock up my xBox on the loading screen.

This is absurd. EA knows about this issue, and appears that they cannot offer a fix, or even a response.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #106
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulzac
I think you people are broken. Don't get so mad about a video game.
well, people did pay money for this, so.....

If you bought a car and consistently had problems with it, you have a right to complain when it's not what you were told it was
Old 07-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #107

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggler360
Broken is exactly what it is... Worst ncaa in current form to date.
Your trolling is now being noticed, and if you want to stay on this website you will stop. Just because another person says "It's not broken" does not mean for you to post it is broken without reason behind it every time.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:08 PM   #108
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32

If you bought a car and consistently had problems with it, you have a right to complain when it's not what you were told it was
I am not going to get into a debate over this. And this will be the last thing I post in this topic. But you are comparing apples to oranges there. If you feel it is broken, fine. But complaining here will get you nowhere. Operation sports, and the users of the website do not have the power to fix/patch/debug or replace your experience with the game. Or the game itself.

If you really wanted to help get a bug fixed in the game, you would be posting about it on the EA forums, or sending them feedback via one of their contact forms.

I also think there are some issues with the game. But to say its completely broken and unplayable, and just constantly saying the same thing over and over shows more about the person posting, then the actual product.

Good day everyone. And enjoy yourselves some NCAA 14.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:08 PM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 0

My only real problem is the constant no huddle and Options being run by teams that wouldnt run that stuff, otherwise I like it
Old 07-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #110
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32

Yes, but if you buy a Toyota Camry and you're trying to drive it like a Ferrari then it's not the car, it's your fault. You're the one mixed up.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 07-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #111
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
Same boat here mate.

Download demo 4 times & locks my xBox on every attempt on the loading screen.

Download early release & locks my xBox on 90% of attempt on loading screen.

If I go through with the retail purchase I fully expect it to lock up my xBox on the loading screen.

This is absurd. EA knows about this issue, and appears that they cannot offer a fix, or even a response.
Ive been offering my advice for this which if u have tried everything else that is a possible fix ex: delete cache, reconfig xbox etc then I think it stems back to the 2008 and 09 issue when xboxs were blowing up from ncaa. Idk how many remember but xboxs were dying left and right with red rings before heat issue was fixed. This was happeneing for 1 reason. U had a specific reader that did not work with the disc maker from one location where they made them. I dont remember were but u have to pull xbox apart to tell what reader u have anyway. This can still cause issues for games other than ncaa. The last forza is one. Most of these older boxes are dead so if u have a older one or boight used u could have this.

The only thing u can do about this get a new xbox. I had that issue on two boxes within a year from ncaa back when. Its simple to test even if u think ur reader isnt the problem. Bring the disc to a friends with a box and do same thi gs u do on urs. Also something that worked back then was finding disc maker location(was on the clear inner circle of disc). Hard to see. Idk if its still there. U could bring to gamestop and trade it for another disc. U will have to check the location on it before swap.

But the number one thing back then and each year since is buying anew box. Of course this is normally a cause down the list. Internet is normally number one issue. I think this is pretty rare to gamers now since not many old boxes survived but refurbs did still get that old reader.

Guys would send in boxes for a new reader also back then. Man I feel for yall and seems that a good bunch of guys have dealt with this since then. I almost lost my mind back in 08 over this. Atleast ea recognized the prob back then and u could send ur disk in to be replaced to get the other disc maker.

I for one would pack up my box ( if its older and nothing else worked) bring to gamestop and trade it for a new one or a refurbed one(newer model) and pay difference. Thats me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #112
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

I just started the install on my game, when the disc first booted up i was prompted for a 4mb update. Did that, backed out of the game, currently istalling to the hd.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »