Home

Defence is broken..

This is a discussion on Defence is broken.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2013, 11:01 PM   #65
Rookie

BigBlue10989's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Defence is broken..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops737
Alabama (and SEC schools in general) have a problem with this post
In 2012:
52 teams averaged at least 30 points a game
60 average at least 400 yards of total offense per game

So yeah, I'd say college football favors the offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 11:04 PM   #66
Rookie

You missed the point entirely, congrats
Old 07-08-2013, 11:05 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 2
Online 2 decent guys throw up 7 80% of the time.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:06 PM   #68
Rookie

BigBlue10989's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops737
You missed the point entirely, congrats
So your one line, sarcastic reply had a point? Do tell.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:06 PM   #69
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29
Before the demo, I always played NCAA on Varsity. Now I'm playing on AA. I love it.

I mix defenses up. I admit, I usually audible one guy to be a spy probably 55-60% of the time.

And I've been burnt a lot, but that happens in the sport of college football.

I have also seen a small RB truck over a bigger defender in real life games, and QBs burn guys running an option.

I try to stay positive about NCAA, every year. I'm just as (if not more) excited about this game as I was when I played the demo.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:07 PM   #70
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Play nice guys.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 07-08-2013, 11:10 PM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue10989
So your one line, sarcastic reply had a point? Do tell.
Although many college offenses are wide open and often in games very little defense is played, NCAA 14 should tailor to those teams who actually play defense (such as LSU, Alabama, etc).

In short, teams with great defenses (ala SEC) should be able play great defense. From the looks of this thread, that isn't the case at all. Everything is wide open and tailored towards the offense no matter who is playing. Even against great defenses, which isn't right.

Think you're going to see a 9-6 OT thriller in this game? Think again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 11:16 PM   #72
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianski71
Not trying to pick a fight here, but have you watched real college football lately? I wouldn't exactly call the real world of college football balanced between the offense and defense. As a fan of a Big 12 team, I'd think you'd have plenty of first-hand knowledge of this. In real college football, it seems at times like there are many, many offenses that are damn near unstoppable. I have no problem with an offensively-slanted game, since that's what we see on Saturdays. Sure, it's hard to play lockdown D, but the real world of college football is increasingly becoming a hold the ball last, wide-open, outgun everyone sport. I have no problem adapting to a video game that accurately portrays that.
You bring up a good point and as fan of a Big 12 team that had it's worst defensive year statistically in the program's history last year, it makes me sick. OU's championship in 2000 was because of the defense. That defense destroyed Florida State's highly touted offense. Defense wins championship which is why the SEC is dominating.

Now to NCAA football, I would expect games like Oregon/OU to be high scoring, etc. but when I'm using LSU or Alabama and I'm playing Va. Tech, I wouldn't expect an online game with 5 min. quarters to be like 49-42.

Defense is bad no matter what teams you are using and I don't notice the difference between an LSU defense and a Washington State defense in the game that I would expect to see.

The game looks great and has some pros but this thread is about defense which the game lacks greatly imo.

I could shut down the CPU no problem but all of my games are online rather it be a ranked game or online dynasty. Human opponents that are decent will score a ton of points in this game regardless of the team they're using.

I wish when I played Alabama their front four would wreck my o-line and blow up plays. This doesn't mean sacking me every down, it just means causing havoc and making me uncomfortable if that makes sense.

It just seems like the attributes don't matter that much on defense. I would expect a lock down corner to be a lock down corner. Not someone that get's burnt on the same route over and over again.

You're better off not rushing anyone and dropping everyone into coverage in this game. I hate that you are rewarded for doing that and penalized for rushing four down linemen. Heck, a 5-2 is the worst defense to call in the game because you're basically wasting 5 players and it's no more effective than rushing three.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder

Last edited by BigDofBA; 07-08-2013 at 11:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »