Home

NCAA 14 Best schools for rebuilding?

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 Best schools for rebuilding? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2014, 12:17 AM   #49
Banned

jt2000's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 14 Best schools for rebuilding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Thank you for sharing that! That is a GREAT read! I do have some issues with some things that he's doing, but we all have our differences of opinion. I really need to do something like that and write out how I run the Run & Shoot in the game... I think a lot of people would find it helpful.

My main differences of opinion from his are these:

In the stats for his two games throwing the ball, not once did he use the 60 Slide play. This play can be SO deadly, especially once you get the reads down.

He uses a TON of running plays - I don't. I only have two in the entire playbook.

My playbook is based off of SMU's - since they're they only R&S team in the game - and then I strip the playbook way down. In all, I only have these formations:

2X2 - QB under center
3X1 - QB under center
2X2 - Pistol
3X1 - Pistol
2x2 - Shotgun (3 different formations but all are 2X2)
3X1 - Shotgun (4 different formations but all are 3X1)

So that's 11 formations. Each formation of 3X1 has the first 3 plays from the R&S: 60 Go, 60 Slide, 61 X Choice. (It should be noted that EA screwed up, 61 X Choice should be 60 X Choice with the way it's run in the game, only should be 61 X Choice if flipped)

My total number of plays is 47 - since I have several plays in multiple formations, the playbook says I have 94, but the reality is that when using the same play out of multiple formations, it's still the same play. If you were coaching, you wouldn't need to teach your players a "new" play, just a new place to stand. So... 47 plays and only 2 are running.

I don't use all the Flexbone and Wishbone formations that he does, but I can see why he does that. One thing I do that he does is include some Air Raid plays, namely Y Shallow Cross and X Shallow Cross. I also use an Air Raid premise and that is that I don't flip plays ever! It may be time for me to figure out a way to share all my info with people...
2X2 - QB under center - Like I form normal?
3X1 - QB under center - Singleback 3 WR?
2X2 - Pistol -Normal formatiion?
3X1 - Pistol - 3 wide trips
2x2 - Shotgun (3 different formations but all are 2X2) Spread and/or 4 wide?
3X1 - Shotgun (4 different formations but all are 3X1) Trips?

can you go into greater detail please there Doc? I may want to run for a challenge and what are the two running plays are you talking about? This is coming from a flexbone/wishbone guy LOL.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:24 AM   #50
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt2000

can you go into greater detail please there Doc? I may want to run for a challenge and what are the two running plays are you talking about? This is coming from a flexbone/wishbone guy LOL.
i agree. i wanna run this playbook too

Sent from my N9510 using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2014, 01:31 AM   #51
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt2000

Sorry, when I write my Run & Shoot article I am going to write it so that everything is explained in perfect detail. Sometimes when I post here, I wrongly assume that everyone knows what I'm talking about... and you know what happens when we assume... LOL

Here's what I mean... 2 X 2 is 2 WR's on each side of the field. I NEVER use ANY tight ends or fullbacks. I don't even capitalize their positions when typing!

So 2 X 2 and 3 X 1 would look like this:

2 X 2:

WR...............................LT....LG....C....RG....RT.................................WR
....................WR.................................................. ......WR
.................................................QB....HB

3 X 1:

WR...............................LT....LG....C....RG....RT.................................WR
.................................................. ....................WR............WR

And of course the QB is either under center, in the Pistol or in Shotgun.

The two running plays are this:

Out of 2 X 2 with the QB under center: HB Dive (Ace Spread - formation)
Out of 2 X 2 with the QB in Shot-Gun: HB Dive (Spread Flex - formation)

In years past trying to run out of the Gun was rather pointless, but not in this years game. I don't run too much... those that know me would say I run about as often as we see a full moon on a Friday the 13th... LOL The reality is that I will run between 7-15 times a game, it always depends on the situation. I play 10 minute quarters and use really good sliders. I think they're Buffeye's sliders, which are here in the Slider thread. I will average between 4.5 - 6.5 yards per carry, depending on situations. I've had games where my average was 3.2 or something close to that, but my HB had three 1-yard TD runs... so...

It's Friday now, I hope to have the article done by Wednesday, and I found the site that will allow me to use photos of the formations and plays! I will add some videos from You Tube as well and will go into great detail on the following:

The R&S
The way I use the R&S in the game
The things EA has wrong with the R&S, and how to get around them. (It should be noted that I am a true Sim guy, so there's no cheezing.)
The few things EA has right with the R&S and how to use them to really open up your passing game
The vastly improved Bubble Screen and how to use it to your advantage from anywhere on the field
Plus a lot more...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2014, 01:39 AM   #52
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Quote:
Sorry, when I write my Run & Shoot article I am going to write it so that everything is explained in perfect detail. Sometimes when I post here, I wrongly assume that everyone knows what I'm talking about... and you know what happens when we assume... LOL

Here's what I mean... 2 X 2 is 2 WR's on each side of the field. I NEVER use ANY tight ends or fullbacks. I don't even capitalize their positions when typing!

So 2 X 2 and 3 X 1 would look like this:

2 X 2:

....................WR.................................................. ......WR

3 X 1:

.................................................. ....................WR............WR

And of course the QB is either under center, in the Pistol or in Shotgun.

The two running plays are this:

Out of 2 X 2 with the QB under center: HB Dive (Ace Spread - formation)
Out of 2 X 2 with the QB in Shot-Gun: HB Dive (Spread Flex - formation)

In years past trying to run out of the Gun was rather pointless, but not in this years game. I don't run too much... those that know me would say I run about as often as we see a full moon on a Friday the 13th... LOL The reality is that I will run between 7-15 times a game, it always depends on the situation. I play 10 minute quarters and use really good sliders. I think they're Buffeye's sliders, which are here in the Slider thread. I will average between 4.5 - 6.5 yards per carry, depending on situations. I've had games where my average was 3.2 or something close to that, but my HB had three 1-yard TD runs... so...

It's Friday now, I hope to have the article done by Wednesday, and I found the site that will allow me to use photos of the formations and plays! I will add some videos from You Tube as well and will go into great detail on the following:

The R&S
The way I use the R&S in the game
The things EA has wrong with the R&S, and how to get around them. (It should be noted that I am a true Sim guy, so there's no cheezing.)
The few things EA has right with the R&S and how to use them to really open up your passing game
The vastly improved Bubble Screen and how to use it to your advantage from anywhere on the field
Plus a lot more...
i look forward to reading it and then applying it to my Portland State dynasty. Right now i am running the standard SMU R&S

Old 06-27-2014, 01:43 AM   #53
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudescrew
i look forward to reading it and then applying it to my Portland State dynasty. Right now i am running the standard SMU R&S

I'm sure you know this, but that isn't SMU's playbook, it's EA's idea of SMU's playbook. Mine will cut that WAY down and still leave you with a ton of great plays, and is closer to the R&S that June Jones ran at Hawaii.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:28 AM   #54
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Sounds good man. I know it's not the R&S but i am able to pick the plays and keep it as much R&S as possible

Old 06-27-2014, 05:37 AM   #55
Banned

jt2000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudescrew
Sounds good man. I know it's not the R&S but i am able to pick the plays and keep it as much R&S as possible

I can't wait to read this also!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2014, 05:38 AM   #56
Banned

jt2000's Arena

Arrow Re: NCAA 14 Best schools for rebuilding?

Quote:
I'm sure you know this, but that isn't SMU's playbook, it's EA's idea of SMU's playbook. Mine will cut that WAY down and still leave you with a ton of great plays, and is closer to the R&S that June Jones ran at Hawaii.
Since I am brand new to the offense. Whatever custom playbook you post I am using so, I can get used what plays to run.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »