Home

The Official NCAA 14 Flexbone Offense Thread

This is a discussion on The Official NCAA 14 Flexbone Offense Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2013, 02:14 PM   #65
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: The Official NCAA 14 Flexbone Offense Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebbc
Ah well, must just be my luck with the pitches.

In my opinion, and this comes from being coached on option responsibility and all that crap, my guess is that's just how it's been coded into the game. Most teams, when coaching against the option, teach the DT and DE to take the Dive Back, in this case, the B Back, instead of the QB. So that's my guess on where that comes from. Only time we switched it was on an Outside Stunt call, which meant the DE now had QB on option, and the OLB was now supposed to take the Dive/B Back. That's just my guess on it based on my knowledge of running the option IRL and having to defend it.
i would agree but thats not how they run it in practice mode. the read man goes for dive when no one else is and when someone else is he stays home and plays the qb. this never happens once in dynasty for me (with changed sliders). if they programed it this way on purpose all they did was remove fb and the qb or hb will always be free.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
If you're talking about it being inconsistent how his yards are coming, I haven't had a problem with it myself. I actually broke off a 72 YD TD run with a B back to start the game in my dynasty with GSU (Georgia State). So I'm not sure with that one. If there's another issue I missed, fill me in if you don't mind.

But if my QB is being touched at all or is about to on the pitch, especially from the Triple Option, the ball just goes straight on the ground at the QB's feet. I'll go into replay and you can see his arm move out like he's pitching the ball, but there's no ball being pitched. It's nearly impossible to run the option if you don't know where the ball is going to go when you hit the pitch button.
I have had this happen a few times but it is usually if i am hit mid pitch. I've been making the pitch a bit earlier to stay safe but it has bitten me a few times.

The b back problem he is referring to is that on the triple option the DE is taking the B back ~90% of the time for us when he should be recieving the highest # of touches.

BTW - how did you break that long of a run w/ GA State in year 1? I've hit the open field a few times but the backs are all soooo slow and get chased down.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Old 07-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
i would agree but thats not how they run it in practice mode. the read man goes for dive when no one else is and when someone else is he stays home and plays the qb. this never happens once in dynasty for me (with changed sliders). if they programed it this way on purpose all they did was remove fb and the qb or hb will always be free.
So basically, what you're saying is that they never show a "Give" read? Because what I've noticed is if you break a couple big plays with the QB or HB, then the DE starts going for the QB and then you hand it. That's what our HC at my high school wants to happen. I don't know if it's some weird code bug, but if I saw what you're describing on our film, I'd think they played good assignment football. Maybe it's just your version of my pitch problems lol
Old 07-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
I have had this happen a few times but it is usually if i am hit mid pitch. I've been making the pitch a bit earlier to stay safe but it has bitten me a few times.

The b back problem he is referring to is that on the triple option the DE is taking the B back ~90% of the time for us when he should be recieving the highest # of touches.

BTW - how did you break that long of a run w/ GA State in year 1? I've hit the open field a few times but the backs are all soooo slow and get chased down.
I got really lucky and had the backside lineman, in this case the LT and LG, be able to get to the safeties, and with the Sprint Button I was able to outrun the Linebackers. The WR's did a really good job of staying on the corners long enough that they couldn't catch me.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #69
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
So basically, what you're saying is that they never show a "Give" read? Because what I've noticed is if you break a couple big plays with the QB or HB, then the DE starts going for the QB and then you hand it. That's what our HC at my high school wants to happen. I don't know if it's some weird code bug, but if I saw what you're describing on our film, I'd think they played good assignment football. Maybe it's just your version of my pitch problems lol
im hoping its in the slider coding because i never had the de stay home on me in two games with army last night. not once. they were my first games as i had been in practice mode since friday and the DE's never played like this. if your seeing it, i believe you as another guy who didnt change sliders said hes about 40% of time they take qb instead of dive back or a back.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
im hoping its in the slider coding because i never had the de stay home on me in two games with army last night. not once. they were my first games as i had been in practice mode since friday and the DE's never played like this. if your seeing it, i believe you as another guy who didnt change sliders said hes about 40% of time they take qb instead of dive back or a back.
Yeah, I don't mess with the sliders for at least a week because then it gives me time to see what on the default sliders works, and what doesn't. But for the most part, I've been pretty happy with the way the read guy plays the dive when compared to a real team. It happens sometimes
Old 07-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #71
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Yeah, I don't mess with the sliders for at least a week because then it gives me time to see what on the default sliders works, and what doesn't. But for the most part, I've been pretty happy with the way the read guy plays the dive when compared to a real team. It happens sometimes
This gives me a little hope. I won't start a dynasty until I get a particular set of rosters, but if all holds true with what you said than I am going to have a blast with 14.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 05:55 PM   #72
Rookie

Slackarelli's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
Slakcarelli, what is your take on the b back situation in this game? Most people seem to not be getting enough carries with the b back like they are supposed to.
Quote:
slack, im wondering same. are you seeing the de only go for dive man on triple options? works perfect in practice but in games they never go for qb. ever. im hoping its a slider issue on my end.

also im using basically 22 formations. i find the flex to be better than the wingbone this year. but the wing bone doesnt have near as much auto motion and you can flip plays at line without the personel moving at all. big big advantage for against hum players.
If they choose to stop my QB, my B-Back will allow me to control the clock. If they want to Leave my QB, then they better be really good at controlling their players and stopping him. Don't worry about WHO gets the ball. The only thing that matters is that you make them pay for the decision they make. They have to pick their poison. Some games My B-Back and QB has most of the carries. Some games my A-Backs may have the majority. Other games the stats may looks like I run a pass happy offense. That's the beauty of it. THERE ARE MANY WAYS FOR THE BONE TO MAKE YOU WRONG.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »