Home

Anyone having success on defense?

This is a discussion on Anyone having success on defense? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 11:53 PM   #1
Rookie

MacDiiddy's Arena

OVR: 3
Anyone having success on defense?

I seem to be struggling while playing online. I am rolling with Texas A and M. Literally anytime I am in zone the person throws behind it. I run some man with mild success but anytype of out route or comeback is just easy pickings for them and who ever is on the RB is giving up the screen.

And that would be great if I only had to worry about the pass but Im struggling plugging up holes in the front 7 as well.

IDK, just seeing what other people are running.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2013, 12:22 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone having success on defense?

Running the 4-3 is fine just make sure you sometimes mix up your scheme and make it unpredictable. Show blitz and ten have your safeties drop back into coverage, most users will change their play to a fly when they see the safeties move in the box. You should be able to defend that well. Also on third and longs I recommend using the nickel package, to replace your Linebackers with DB's. Really all you have to do is disguise your blitz and get to the QB when you do send two LB's. If you have to, bring one safety In on a blitz and drop a lb back into deep coverage, I find this very effective for geting pressure on the QB. To stop comebacks use zone coverage for your CBs. To stop the running game bring two LBs to blitz or leave one back in zone and the other two cover.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:26 AM   #3
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ce-broken.html

Seriously, there is a debate you can join in on.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:58 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Wouldn't say it's broken but on MUT side it is almost a better idea to try and outscore your opponent lol

the online head to head is much better (obviously better players than a team of 60-mid 70's)

But I have noticed an awful lot getting by defenders both run and pass

One thing I noticed on MUT is if you move a couple of your defenders ( doesn't much matter who) pre snap they seem to engage in the play (nothing cheap) just don't seem to stand around and seem uninterested (just an observation after a couple games)
Old 07-10-2013, 01:00 AM   #5
Rookie

Go_Dawgs's Arena

OVR: 0

I can not seem to stop the run
Old 07-10-2013, 01:06 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Dawgs
I can not seem to stop the run
Cant guarantee it will work but it has at least made a diff for me, try to hot route your D line (blitz , spy, contain doesn't really matter to much, in fact you can move them back to base if you have the time pre snap) but for whatever reason they seem to react if they have been modified (doesn't make a ton of sense but ive noticed it works)

try it, you have nothing to lose lol
Old 07-10-2013, 01:20 AM   #7
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

This is a small tip specific to stopping the read option, but it definitely works if you practice it ...

Take control of the MLB or the OLB lined up on the same side as the halfback. If it's a read option then you know that the QB is reading the DE on that same side -- so read your own DE!

If the DE crashes, then shoot hard to the outside for the QB. If the DE stays home, jet in for the HB.

I played my first game with the defense set to Heisman on 8 minute quarters and default sliders ... I gave up a total of 6 points on two field goals. This was against a read option - no huddle attack.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:22 AM   #8
Rookie

TreyDobbs's Arena

OVR: 5

Neither the 4-3 nor the 3-4 would work, so I'm running a 4-2-5 now.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »