Home

RTG: High school years too easy?

This is a discussion on RTG: High school years too easy? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2013, 07:04 PM   #1
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1
RTG: High school years too easy?

I mean, the difficulty you select does not seem to affect this yet. It has been like this forever I think. I just never really put too much into RTG before. I started one with Heisman level, and its like I am playing on super insane please let me win by 100 easy mode. At least for QB. Not sure about other posistions. This kinda makes it pointless to even do it.

You can just pick the school you want, play the first game with monster stats. They give you a scholarship offer. You sim to signing day, and off you go.

I would like to see this be more of a struggle to get to that big school you want.

Also, why do no smaller teams ever offer scholarships? I was three games in, and a 3 star recruit. Only teams to offer me scholarships were PAC-12, BIG 10 and ACC schools. I mean really. No MAC, MWC, C-USA or even Sun Belt. I mean, even after game one I was still only a one star, and the offer I got was from Oregon state. Really.

Maybe I am alone in this, but it kinda makes the whole addition of the high school season pointless. I mean, if I can just pick my team in my first three choices, and in one or two games get them, as two or three start recruit. Granted you wont be a starter right away. But still.

Sorry. /rant

Or am I just missing something? And is QB the only position with this problem?

Last edited by Zac; 07-09-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #2
Pro

JoBo513's Arena

OVR: 9
I'm having the opposite experience. I'm having a hard time at mlb. I've had offers from sun belt teams, Mac, and c USA. And Indiana. Heisman offense and AA defense.

Sent from Babylon
Old 07-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
I think it's only QB. I'm playing as a SS and am 4 games in. Still a 2 star.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #4
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: RTG: High school years too easy?

im a QB and after my 2nd game i got an offer from Buffalo. thats the only offer ive had so far.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:42 PM   #5
Rookie

Playing QB on heisman default (haven't played since 08 on ps2) and I'm putting up 320 4 TD's 2 INTS? I certainly hope heisman is a lot tougher than this normally. Maybe college will be the true difficulty and highschool is toned down? I don't know. 😰
NBA - Los Angles Lakers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #6
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Wilhite
Playing QB on heisman default (haven't played since 08 on ps2) and I'm putting up 320 4 TD's 2 INTS? I certainly hope heisman is a lot tougher than this normally. Maybe college will be the true difficulty and highschool is toned down? I don't know. 😰
Ya, this is what is happening for me. But yards are more like 450+ and 5 or 6 TDs a game. with maybe 1 int here and there.

I might start a new one and see if it changes. Maybe I clicked on too many times on a setting and it rolled back around or something.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:11 AM   #7
Rookie

smack23011's Arena

OVR: 0

I've been playing on AA got bored with HS and just walked on to Vandy so I could start. College is a bit different.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:47 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

keep in mind your playing 60-70 ovr players

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »