Home

Disc unreadable?

This is a discussion on Disc unreadable? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2013, 09:02 PM   #1
Rookie

WordLife565's Arena

OVR: 3
Disc unreadable?

So I got the game release day, and it hasn't worked properat all since I got it. Practices work fine, menus, startup, etc. During every game I get a "disc unreadable" prompt at some point.

The farthest I've been able to play is up until the fourth quarter. In one game it happened after the very first completed pass.

The disc itself is flawless, no "ring of death" scratch. No scratches at all for that matter, it looks just like it did when I opened the case.

So what is going on? My xbox works fine with all my other games, but for some reason this one keeps screwing up. I am going to return it for an exchange at Gamestop tomorrow, however I am worried if the same thing will happen again, considering the disc I have right now seems flawless.

I have played every 360 version of the game, and have experienced freezing issues, but never an unreadable error of this magnitude.

Have any of you experienced this problem or is it just me? I really just want to be able to play this damn game, but it would suck if for some odd reason all NCAA Football 14 discs just won't read properly on my console (That seems VERY unlikely, but that would be a pretty ****ed up lol)

Anyways, anybody dealing with this, or dealt with this on a previous brand new game before?

Also to note, I have only tried exhibition games, no season games or online games.

I have played practices, drills, and a bunch of other crap which work perfectly fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Disc unreadable?

I received the same errors when I installed the game on my hard drive, but don't get those errors when I install the game on my usb. However I don't get the halftime show if I don't install it to a hard drive.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #3
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

It is rare, but every now and then a disk could have been pressed wrong and that is what's causing the errors. I'd just exchange it. I've seen it happen more often with movies than games, but it can happen.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:04 PM   #4
Rookie

WordLife565's Arena

So an update,

Well my worst fear was realized. I got a replacement disk from gamestop, and guess what? SAME PROBLEM.

I went back again and they have now given me a 3rd brand new copy to try. I have been told that If it doesn't work I can return it and get full value in the form of store credit.

This really sucks if I won't be able to play NCAA Football 14 at all this year because my console for some reason can't play the game.

Well hopefully 3rd times the charm, if not, using the store credit towards Fifa 14 or GTA V
Old 07-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #5
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordLife565
So an update,

Well my worst fear was realized. I got a replacement disk from gamestop, and guess what? SAME PROBLEM.

I went back again and they have now given me a 3rd brand new copy to try. I have been told that If it doesn't work I can return it and get full value in the form of store credit.

This really sucks if I won't be able to play NCAA Football 14 at all this year because my console for some reason can't play the game.

Well hopefully 3rd times the charm, if not, using the store credit towards Fifa 14 or GTA V
My brother had that problem with a game a couple of years ago. I forget which game but it got stuck at the same spot on all 3 disk he had. He kept taking it back and finally after the third time he got something different. When his 360 crapped out a while later and he got a new one, he got the game again and it worked fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #6
Just started!

OVR: 0

this probably wont work but try to download the disk to your hard drive
Old 07-15-2013, 09:30 PM   #7
Rookie

WordLife565's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugafan234
this probably wont work but try to download the disk to your hard drive
Status Update

I downloaded the disk to my hard drive and now it works perfectly, i haven't had any problems in the 3 days that i've had it on my HDD. REALLY WEIRD. Must mean my optical drive has a hard time reading that specific part of the NCAA disc or something?

Guess its time to invest in a big flash drive, because downloading games to my HD might be my future for the rest of the Xbox 360s timeline. (Although, like I said as of right now, this problem has only happened in NCAA 14)

Really one of the weirdest situations i've ever seen. Obviously not a disc problem since it was able to download fine onto the Xbox, but obviously not an overall problem with the Xbox because it can play the downloaded version perfectly fine.

Could be an optical drive problem, but like I said this was the only game that ever game me a problem, REALLY WEIRD. Well at least I get to enjoy the game now
Old 07-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #8
Rookie

Exile04's Arena

OVR: 1

I know im bumping a old thread but i have a issue simlar

I download the game to a flash drive so i could see halftime shows, but know when i go to save my dynasty to my flash drive it come up witht he disc unreadable, and a 2nd pop saying flash drive unplugged (i believe). Anyone else having this issue? do i have to save all my game files to my HDD?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »