Home

Default AA: Can it be a challenge?

This is a discussion on Default AA: Can it be a challenge? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2013, 04:10 PM   #41
Rookie

B Easy's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Default AA: Can it be a challenge?

Despite my moaning and groaning on how inept the defense is in NCAA 14 this year, I played a heck of a game this afternoon. I don't have the exact stats in front of me, but I defeated West Virginia (CPU) using Maryland, 28-21. I was using default AA, no slider adjustments, speed threshold set at 50.

There was no sign of the robo quarterback, as WVU's QB Clint Trickett went somewhere around 22 for 36, 260 something yards with 2 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. The main thing I was focused on was his over and under thrown balls, which I did see on more than one occasion. I led 21-7 at halftime, and Trickett looked lousy as I mixed up my defense calling man, zone, man blitz, and zone blitz.

My pass defense was somewhat tight throughout the game, and I was able to get pressure when I needed to to disrupt their rhythm. My LB's and DB's were still not 100% aware of everything around them, but if I continue to get gameplay as I did this afternoon, I can live with it until EA releases their first or second patch.

I still saw too many WIDE open holes when running from the shotgun, my RB Brandon Ross had a very nice game, something like 24 carries for 126 yards and no scores. While this is realistic, I would still like to see the D-Line get off the ball quicker and make more plays in the backfield. I shouldn't see my OL in the 2nd and 3rd levels before I even decide what hole to pick. The running game can be tighten up a tad as well, but again, nothing too game breaking as I first originally thought.

I don't know, maybe I was too quick to give up on AA this year. I figured this was the year I'd make the jump to Heisman after playing almost exclusively on AA for 10 years now. Default AA is where I will be at going forward until I find a good slider set, or EA drops a patch to fix said problems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Easy
Despite my moaning and groaning on how inept the defense is in NCAA 14 this year, I played a heck of a game this afternoon. I don't have the exact stats in front of me, but I defeated West Virginia (CPU) using Maryland, 28-21. I was using default AA, no slider adjustments, speed threshold set at 50.

There was no sign of the robo quarterback, as WVU's QB Clint Trickett went somewhere around 22 for 36, 260 something yards with 2 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. The main thing I was focused on was his over and under thrown balls, which I did see on more than one occasion. I led 21-7 at halftime, and Trickett looked lousy as I mixed up my defense calling man, zone, man blitz, and zone blitz.

My pass defense was somewhat tight throughout the game, and I was able to get pressure when I needed to to disrupt their rhythm. My LB's and DB's were still not 100% aware of everything around them, but if I continue to get gameplay as I did this afternoon, I can live with it until EA releases their first or second patch.

I still saw too many WIDE open holes when running from the shotgun, my RB Brandon Ross had a very nice game, something like 24 carries for 126 yards and no scores. While this is realistic, I would still like to see the D-Line get off the ball quicker and make more plays in the backfield. I shouldn't see my OL in the 2nd and 3rd levels before I even decide what hole to pick. The running game can be tighten up a tad as well, but again, nothing too game breaking as I first originally thought.

I don't know, maybe I was too quick to give up on AA this year. I figured this was the year I'd make the jump to Heisman after playing almost exclusively on AA for 10 years now. Default AA is where I will be at going forward until I find a good slider set, or EA drops a patch to fix said problems.
Good stuff man, I agree about AA
Old 07-12-2013, 04:16 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Got auscott7's rosters and started a dynasty with Georgia State. Won game one at home versus FCS Southeast 31-14

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373660108.458264.jpg

I think those numbers look incredible for default AA. Don't you? All coach mode by the way. Six minute quarters.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:18 PM   #44
Banned

BigMoneyAllDay's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
Got auscott7's rosters and started a dynasty with Georgia State. Won game one at home versus FCS Southeast 31-14

Attachment 62863

I think those numbers look incredible for default AA. Don't you? All coach mode by the way. Six minute quarters.
The game itself was kind of a blowout but the numbers themselves look realistic.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

They are pretty good, I'd just like to see the completion percentages come down just a tad. 76% & 73% is still high. I'd say mid 50s to low 70s is realistic and one in blue moon you see a QB go over 80%, but your standard game in and game out percentages is in the 50s to 60% range.

The play count is also a good bit low so that can be a factor to with completion percentages and yardage. You sitting in the 80 play range there and you need to be in the 100 to 130 range depending on the type of teams facing off.

Last edited by Phobia; 07-12-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Just played another game UC Bearcats (me) vs Marshall ended up winning 24-16but damn did I get torched by the cpu qb 27/35 & 245 yds. No matter what defense somebody was always open. Gotta say I see what a lot are saying. Qbs are way to accurate especially those that run no-huddle

Some positives, 1 PI call, 3 fumbles
Old 07-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
The play count is also a good bit low so that can be a factor to with completion percentages and yardage. You sitting in the 80 play range there and you need to be in the 100 to 130 range depending on the type of teams facing off.
Yeah, I know it's low but I'm content with the length of the game at 6 minute quarters. I was getting stats on par with the remainder of the nation running cpu vs cpu games on 5 minutes. I use ask coach and select from one of the three like it's our gameplan and that speeds the game up some. I also rarely audible so the game flows well.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:43 PM   #48
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Just finished a real nice AA-Offense/Heisman-Defense game with all sliders at default.

Utah State (me) @ Boise State

Final: Boise State 27, Utah State 20

Stats
Total Offense: USU 355; BSU 321
Rushing: USU 23-123-1; BSU 22-86-2
Passing: USU 16-29-232-1-2; BSU 19-28-235-1-0
3rd Down: USU 5-10; BSU 8-13
Turnovers: USU 2; BSU 0
Total Yards: USU 469; BSU 418
Punts: USU 2-38.0; BSU 3-45.0
Penalties: 0 for both teams
T.O.P.: USU 14:46; BSU 13:14

This game was back and forth the entire time, but Boise State never trailed. By moving my defense difficulty to Heisman, I noticed a big improvement in the CPU run game, with the Broncos' featured back averaging 4.9 ypc with 2 TD's.

Utah State is a fun team to use. Chuckle Keeton is an underrated dual-threat QB. I did make 2 bad reads that led to INT's and also badly missed some intermediate throws ... as did the CPU, of which I saw at least 4 overthrown/off-target balls.

I don't know what to do about penalties. I'd like to see them but I'm afraid that if I touch those sliders the gameplay will get messed up, and I'm getting too good of results right now so I will just leave them alone.

Can't wait to start my Dynasty this weekend.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »