Home

Too Easy to Get Top Recruits w/ Small Teams

This is a discussion on Too Easy to Get Top Recruits w/ Small Teams within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #25
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Too Easy to Get Top Recruits w/ Small Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
I have seen the same thing with my created coach using Texas State. I think the biggest issue is The bigger schools do not have certain advantages that they have in real life. The biggest advantage in real life is having larger budgets giving them the ability to recruit more players than smaller schools. In the game basically all schools have 5000-6500 points to spend each week, which causes the Big schools to fight each other over the coveted recruits and unable to put any points into the second tier guys until the top tier guys are gone. This leaves the second tier guys open to the smaller schools, the CPU smaller schools do not take advantage of this like a user can.

The bonus points for bigger schools are usually higher but 100 points or so more a week doesn't make up enough points when a small school is over 1500 points ahead with 3-4 weeks to go.

Bigger schools need to have larger budgets, in many cases almost 2 times the amount of points compared to smaller schools. This would make the 4 star guys harder to get for smaller schools. it would allow bigger schools to not only battle for the top tier guys, but still able to go after the 2nd tier as well.
One problem from what I've seen when letting the CPU recruit for me to test is that they don't even use those 5,000-6,500 for the most part. It seems the CPU is programmed to use a max of 5,000 a week regardless of recruit skills. I also agree that the gap between the schools should be larger. Either through additional recruit points or by increasing the worth of bonus points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #26
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategizer
One problem from what I've seen when letting the CPU recruit for me to test is that they don't even use those 5,000-6,500 for the most part. It seems the CPU is programmed to use a max of 5,000 a week regardless of recruit skills. I also agree that the gap between the schools should be larger. Either through additional recruit points or by increasing the worth of bonus points.
i would like to see extra points tied to program prestige like every schools gets the same points to recruit then:
1* gets 0 points extra
2* gets 50 points extra
3* gets 100 points extra
4* gets 200 points extra
5* gets 400 points extra
6* gets 800 points extra
or something similar to differentiate big schools from small schools. then you can still have to the recruiting bonuses for coaches also.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #27
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I use a seniors leaving +1 rule for how kids I can sign, it makes every signing significant and I have to be careful how many offers I make. Kinda curbs the ease of signing a little

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:07 PM   #28
MVP

Robcards's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlake_88
Week 9, still leading by decent margins.
The margin is somewhat irrelevant this year, I've seen schools that were locked out and -2600 take the lead in 2 weeks. All they need is to use an 'unlock' feature and then have a decent visit and they'll crush you. Recruiting is much tougher than years past since you cant just sit on a big lead like before and not put points into guys you're ahead of.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #29
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards
The margin is somewhat irrelevant this year, I've seen schools that were locked out and -2600 take the lead in 2 weeks. All they need is to use an 'unlock' feature and then have a decent visit and they'll crush you. Recruiting is much tougher than years past since you cant just sit on a big lead like before and not put points into guys you're ahead of.
I'll agree with this. Even if it is easier than it should be to grab those big recruits as a small school, it felt even easier last year. Once a big program does decide to recruit, and you see that airplane, you're in trouble.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:36 PM   #30
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
This is a big - but seperate problem. I don't mind players with 1 & 2 * schools being at the top off the start, but once bama and crew start showing interest most of those should be lost.

The real problem is what you hit on. There are way too many 4 & 5 * players that are just unrecruited and these are easy snags by any team. I don't get why the CPU isn't built to think like we do - set and target what you need. Once you land one (or lose one) target the best availabe that you can land. This would mean them looking for both players that are interseted in them (their plan #2 for slot, perhaps) or for someone highly rated but unrecruited. Right now I am in week 11 of year 2 for Ga State and there are 3 5* players under 25% locks. I could land all 3 if i really wanted to, which is unrealistic. I don't mind these guys being missed in the first wave or recruiting, but the CPU really should be going back and looking for those who were missed by other teams. This would mean a fight for more players and a much more realistic recruiting war setup from the top down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
I agree that it seems well designed when more than 1 team is targetting a player. The issue is the high # of players that aren't targetted which are just gimme's. There are even a lot of 5* HB & QB this year.

If they can't fix the AI logic, they should just reduce the number of 4 & 5 * recruits generated as this will force more battles.
I read that the cpu puts max points into whoever they have targeted...they don't go 80% for one and 60% for another with a big lead.. they go all out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFlyyZone
I snagged a 5* ATH who came in as 77 during my first season as the South Alabama coach and thought it would be easy but as my second season is underway I find that it wasn't that easy. The big schools have came rolling in like everyone as mentioned.
I started a South Alabama save as well... must be the same 5* ATH lol
I plan on making them good for Sun Belt and then Bolting to a bigger conference as soon as that contract is up.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #31
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2
I've had good years like top 30 class and then te next year only pulling in a 70th class.. Some years u get lucky
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #32
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaj315
I read that the cpu puts max points into whoever they have targeted...they don't go 80% for one and 60% for another with a big lead.. they go all out!
I don't believe that is actually true. I have seen where I have had the same bonus points as another school and gained between 20 and 200 points a week or lost when I have used max points. If they went all out on only certain recruits they would stay right with me instead of losing ground each week. unless there are other factors besides bonus and recruiting points.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »