Home

Too Easy to Get Top Recruits w/ Small Teams

This is a discussion on Too Easy to Get Top Recruits w/ Small Teams within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2013, 11:36 PM   #41
MVP
 
thedudedominick's Arena
 
OVR: 23
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Henderson, NV
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Too Easy to Get Top Recruits w/ Small Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
honestly, i havent even gotten past week 1 yet because im waiting for the rosters to be done before i start a real dynasty. i just thought it was completely unrealistic that georgia state had so many 3 star guys interested from the start of the reason. they are the worst team on the game with no FBS history.
There are so many 3* players you can recruit 25 of them and not have any incoming freshmen over 60 overall in some cases
__________________
NHL: Vegas Golden Knights
NCAAF: Ohio State
NFL: Minnesota Vikings
MLB: Chicago Cubs
thedudedominick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2013, 11:40 PM   #42
MVP
 
tetoleetd's Arena
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Jul 2011
Re: Too Easy to Get Top Recruits w/ Small Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
There are so many 3* players you can recruit 25 of them and not have any incoming freshmen over 60 overall in some cases
well thats pretty insane. most 3 star players are better than a 60 in real life. idk i guess ill see when i start my dynasty.
tetoleetd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:12 AM   #43
Rookie
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jul 2011
Re: Too Easy to Get Top Recruits w/ Small Teams

It has always been like this though. After the 1st week i target the guys that have no scholarship offers and now low lock that are 4* and 5* get some 3* gems too.
WeFireThoseCannons is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:26 AM   #44
Eagles Fan
 
BleedGreen710's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Yulee, FL
Posts: 4,002
Re: Too Easy to Get Top Recruits w/ Small Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Bailey24
Also i see people mentioning the unrecruited 4 star players. From my experience there is a reason they are unrecruited. Their overall and skill position ratings usually go down when u scout so in essence they're a three star masking themselves as a 4 star or better. The CPU knows this to a degree and will recruit what they percieve as better players first then come after the leftovers later on.
Unfortunately that's just not completely accurate. Maybe most of the unrecruited are busts, but there are still plenty that aren't. In my Wyoming dynasty year 1, during the middle of the season I checked for some prospects with low lock % to try and find some good players that weren't being recruited much by other schools. I found a 73+7 HB, an 82-1 FS, 72+6 ATH, and a 74+3 ATH, also a 75+5 OLB. I put 500 points on them and within a few weeks had 1000+ leads on each. I managed to land all of them on signing day except for the OLB. While it was certainly fun and exciting for me, I cant help but see that that's not realistic. An 81 FS just sitting there not being recruited? But yea as you can see, the unrecruited 4 star players are not always busts. That 73+7 HB will be my star player for 4 years probably. I try to make up in my head reasons for the recruits being unrecruited like.. maybe the the other coaches poorly scouted him and only my coach saw his true potential, or something like that. But its kind of a shame I have to make up things like that so that recruiting makes sense.
BleedGreen710 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:34 AM   #45
Rookie
 
MrPolo7's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2011
Re: Too Easy to Get Top Recruits w/ Small Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Unfortunately that's just not completely accurate. Maybe most of the unrecruited are busts, but there are still plenty that aren't. In my Wyoming dynasty year 1, during the middle of the season I checked for some prospects with low lock % to try and find some good players that weren't being recruited much by other schools. I found a 73+7 HB, an 82-1 FS, 72+6 ATH, and a 74+3 ATH, also a 75+5 OLB. I put 500 points on them and within a few weeks had 1000+ leads on each. I managed to land all of them on signing day except for the OLB. While it was certainly fun and exciting for me, I cant help but see that that's not realistic. An 81 FS just sitting there not being recruited? But yea as you can see, the unrecruited 4 star players are not always busts. That 73+7 HB will be my star player for 4 years probably. I try to make up in my head reasons for the recruits being unrecruited like.. maybe the the other coaches poorly scouted him and only my coach saw his true potential, or something like that. But its kind of a shame I have to make up things like that so that recruiting makes sense.
Or you could just not recruit them
MrPolo7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 12:36 AM   #46
Eagles Fan
 
BleedGreen710's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Yulee, FL
Posts: 4,002
Re: Too Easy to Get Top Recruits w/ Small Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPolo7
Or you could just not recruit them
I think its more unrealistic to see a great recruit that's available and ignore them than to recruit them and come up with a reason for them being unrecruited.
BleedGreen710 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:39 AM   #47
Rookie
 
Strategizer's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Jan 2013
Re: Too Easy to Get Top Recruits w/ Small Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPolo7
Or you could just not recruit them
That's true, but it's still a problem that EA needs to address regardless. The game should provide the challenge, not our self-imposed rules made to cover for EA's flaws.
Strategizer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #48
Pro
 
moneal2001's Arena
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Jul 2003
Re: Too Easy to Get Top Recruits w/ Small Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategizer
That's true, but it's still a problem that EA needs to address regardless. The game should provide the challenge, not our self-imposed rules made to cover for EA's flaws.
I don't know if its really EA's fault on this one. I did look into the Fact that the cpu uses full points on their top 10-13 players on their board. That causes the Lower Guys to not receive any points. The CPU does this to counter the most likely strategy of players putting full points into all their recruits.

I think they need to figure out a way to give bonus recruiting points to each school based on its prestige rating. a 1 star school should receive 0 bonus points for prestige. each star should add 1000 recruiting points each. This would allow bigger schools to recruit more players at a time.
moneal2001 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:00 PM.

Top -