Home

Too Easy to Get Top Recruits w/ Small Teams

This is a discussion on Too Easy to Get Top Recruits w/ Small Teams within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2013, 10:36 PM   #41
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Too Easy to Get Top Recruits w/ Small Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
honestly, i havent even gotten past week 1 yet because im waiting for the rosters to be done before i start a real dynasty. i just thought it was completely unrealistic that georgia state had so many 3 star guys interested from the start of the reason. they are the worst team on the game with no FBS history.
There are so many 3* players you can recruit 25 of them and not have any incoming freshmen over 60 overall in some cases
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2013, 10:40 PM   #42
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
There are so many 3* players you can recruit 25 of them and not have any incoming freshmen over 60 overall in some cases
well thats pretty insane. most 3 star players are better than a 60 in real life. idk i guess ill see when i start my dynasty.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:12 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 5

It has always been like this though. After the 1st week i target the guys that have no scholarship offers and now low lock that are 4* and 5* get some 3* gems too.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:26 PM   #44
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Bailey24
Also i see people mentioning the unrecruited 4 star players. From my experience there is a reason they are unrecruited. Their overall and skill position ratings usually go down when u scout so in essence they're a three star masking themselves as a 4 star or better. The CPU knows this to a degree and will recruit what they percieve as better players first then come after the leftovers later on.
Unfortunately that's just not completely accurate. Maybe most of the unrecruited are busts, but there are still plenty that aren't. In my Wyoming dynasty year 1, during the middle of the season I checked for some prospects with low lock % to try and find some good players that weren't being recruited much by other schools. I found a 73+7 HB, an 82-1 FS, 72+6 ATH, and a 74+3 ATH, also a 75+5 OLB. I put 500 points on them and within a few weeks had 1000+ leads on each. I managed to land all of them on signing day except for the OLB. While it was certainly fun and exciting for me, I cant help but see that that's not realistic. An 81 FS just sitting there not being recruited? But yea as you can see, the unrecruited 4 star players are not always busts. That 73+7 HB will be my star player for 4 years probably. I try to make up in my head reasons for the recruits being unrecruited like.. maybe the the other coaches poorly scouted him and only my coach saw his true potential, or something like that. But its kind of a shame I have to make up things like that so that recruiting makes sense.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:34 PM   #45
Rookie

MrPolo7's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Unfortunately that's just not completely accurate. Maybe most of the unrecruited are busts, but there are still plenty that aren't. In my Wyoming dynasty year 1, during the middle of the season I checked for some prospects with low lock % to try and find some good players that weren't being recruited much by other schools. I found a 73+7 HB, an 82-1 FS, 72+6 ATH, and a 74+3 ATH, also a 75+5 OLB. I put 500 points on them and within a few weeks had 1000+ leads on each. I managed to land all of them on signing day except for the OLB. While it was certainly fun and exciting for me, I cant help but see that that's not realistic. An 81 FS just sitting there not being recruited? But yea as you can see, the unrecruited 4 star players are not always busts. That 73+7 HB will be my star player for 4 years probably. I try to make up in my head reasons for the recruits being unrecruited like.. maybe the the other coaches poorly scouted him and only my coach saw his true potential, or something like that. But its kind of a shame I have to make up things like that so that recruiting makes sense.
Or you could just not recruit them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2013, 11:36 PM   #46
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPolo7
I think its more unrealistic to see a great recruit that's available and ignore them than to recruit them and come up with a reason for them being unrecruited.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:39 AM   #47
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPolo7
That's true, but it's still a problem that EA needs to address regardless. The game should provide the challenge, not our self-imposed rules made to cover for EA's flaws.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:53 AM   #48
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategizer
That's true, but it's still a problem that EA needs to address regardless. The game should provide the challenge, not our self-imposed rules made to cover for EA's flaws.
I don't know if its really EA's fault on this one. I did look into the Fact that the cpu uses full points on their top 10-13 players on their board. That causes the Lower Guys to not receive any points. The CPU does this to counter the most likely strategy of players putting full points into all their recruits.

I think they need to figure out a way to give bonus recruiting points to each school based on its prestige rating. a 1 star school should receive 0 bonus points for prestige. each star should add 1000 recruiting points each. This would allow bigger schools to recruit more players at a time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »