Home

Recruit Classes: Pre-made like Madden Draft Classes?

This is a discussion on Recruit Classes: Pre-made like Madden Draft Classes? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2013, 02:29 PM   #1
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9
Recruit Classes: Pre-made like Madden Draft Classes?

So does anyone know if the NCAA recruit classes are made ahead of time or are they generated on the fly?

I ask because I have a recruit that wants to go to Baylor that is like RG3. Basically RG4. He is even from the same town Robert played high school ball at.
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
MLB: Texas Rangers
NCAA: Baylor

Producer/Graphic Artist/Animator-CBS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #2
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Recruit Classes: Pre-made like Madden Draft Classes?

i believe they are just randomly generated at the beginning of each year, when you go into pre season recruiting.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9

That's too bad. It would be cool if they were made ahead of time. I'm really surprised if this is the case because this recruit is so similar to Robert.

It could be a coincident I guess but out of all my recruits he stands out as odd. First he has Baylor number 1 on his list and he is rated in his 80s. His rating even went up once scouted. Then not only does he want to go to Baylor but the predicted cutoff line that appears only has Baylor above it. The wrench in all this is that somehow I am scaring him off because he has decided to lock me out until I resolve his deal-breaker... playing time. The problem there is he is listed as an athlete so I have no idea who he is bothered by.
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
MLB: Texas Rangers
NCAA: Baylor

Producer/Graphic Artist/Animator-CBS
Old 07-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by thbends
That's too bad. It would be cool if they were made ahead of time. I'm really surprised if this is the case because this recruit is so similar to Robert.

It could be a coincident I guess but out of all my recruits he stands out as odd. First he has Baylor number 1 on his list and he is rated in his 80s. His rating even went up once scouted. Then not only does he want to go to Baylor but the predicted cutoff line that appears only has Baylor above it. The wrench in all this is that somehow I am scaring him off because he has decided to lock me out until I resolve his deal-breaker... playing time. The problem there is he is listed as an athlete so I have no idea who he is bothered by.
There are set recruit templates so there are LOTS of "clones" out there (where 2 recruits will be identical with possibly only a 1-2 point difference in every rating).

I didn't play Madden, but it's my understanding that their entire draft classes had templates so instead of individual recruits being the same here and there the entire class would be the same. If that's true, then no, NCAA doesn't do that (thankfully because that sounds really, really stupid if that's how it worked in Madden).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 07-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #5
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thbends
That's too bad. It would be cool if they were made ahead of time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #6
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
There are set recruit templates so there are LOTS of "clones" out there (where 2 recruits will be identical with possibly only a 1-2 point difference in every rating).

I didn't play Madden, but it's my understanding that their entire draft classes had templates so instead of individual recruits being the same here and there the entire class would be the same. If that's true, then no, NCAA doesn't do that (thankfully because that sounds really, really stupid if that's how it worked in Madden).
thats what would happen in madden, and they would mix up the classes, so the chances are if you started a new franchise you werent getting the same guys
Old 07-12-2013, 08:35 PM   #7
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

They're not premade, but it is an awesome coincidence about the RGIII clone you found from the same town who wants to go to Baylor. Sucks that you can't sign him, that would make for an awesome story.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:42 PM   #8
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

There are too many recruits to pre make them, although I like the premade classes in Madden, personally.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »